Lol wut (PWAA:DD review by IGN)

#1L0L_FAQPosted 10/24/2013 2:14:01 PM
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/10/24/phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-dual-destinies-video-review

They gave it a 7.2 (docking 2.8 points) because...

*Drumroll*

It's too linear and has too little gameplay! In a visual novel! Yeah! Can't spell IGNorant without IGN.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Tk5qqZc.png
"I dont combine the 3DS and LL together to inflate the numbers. I live in the real world" - Sailor Goon
#2BuretsuPosted 10/24/2013 2:16:35 PM
L0L_FAQ posted...
They gave it a 7.2 (docking 2.8 points)

Faulty logic. Games do not start out at 10/10 and then lose points for one thing or another.
---
9/17/2013: A dark day in history. SEGA Sammy acquires Index.
RIP: Atlus games ever leaving Japan
#3GamerRafPosted 10/24/2013 2:18:35 PM
Do you know what I hate more then trolls. Trolls who cry about IGN reviews. Just because they don't give it a good score doesn't mean it's a bad game. I've played 3.0/10 and 4.0/10 and it's actually better then some 8.0+/10 just because I enjoy the game.
---
"Lets release a console with no games and no marketing." -Satoru Iwata, 2012
#4L0L_FAQ(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 2:18:49 PM
Buretsu posted...
L0L_FAQ posted...

Faulty logic. Games do not start out at 10/10 and then lose points for one thing or another.

Those are the only two reasons cited as negatives. This directly implies that THESE are the flaws, or where this game went wrong, or, in other words, why it isn't all it could be (a 10/10)
---
"I dont combine the 3DS and LL together to inflate the numbers. I live in the real world" - Sailor Goon
#5L0L_FAQ(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 2:22:42 PM(edited)
GamerRaf posted...
Do you know what I hate more then trolls. Trolls who cry about IGN reviews. Just because they don't give it a good score doesn't mean it's a bad game. I've played 3.0/10 and 4.0/10 and it's actually better then some 8.0+/10 just because I enjoy the game.

Maybe we should all shut off our brains, climb into our pods and end all criticism entirely. That seems like a pretty doubleplus good future. Do you know what I hate more than the ignorant? People who defend ignorance or, alternately, whine when professional criticism is itself criticized.

---
#6toad133Posted 10/24/2013 2:22:12 PM
Takumi games (I know he didn't do AA5 but AA in its form is down to him) always have this problem. There's very little innovation apart from what you're given at the start, the sole exception being halfway through Ghost Trick when you get Missile's ability to switch objects.

I do think Dual Destinies makes a legit attempt to vary the gameplay up though by combining a lot of elements from past games.
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#7OoSubaruoOPosted 10/24/2013 2:22:54 PM
You know what future I would like? Someone to post an IGN review, and stop using that idiotic "Can't spell ignorant without IGN" meme.
---
The official Genbu of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#8BuretsuPosted 10/24/2013 2:24:05 PM
L0L_FAQ posted...
Buretsu posted...
L0L_FAQ posted...

Those are the only two reasons cited as negatives. This directly implies that THESE are the flaws, or where this game went wrong, or, in other words, why it isn't all it could be (a 10/10)

More faulty logic. 10/10 is not 'all a game could be'. 10/10 is saying that it's an OBJECTIVELY great game when compared to other video games.
---
9/17/2013: A dark day in history. SEGA Sammy acquires Index.
RIP: Atlus games ever leaving Japan
#9L0L_FAQ(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 2:34:50 PM
Buretsu posted...
More faulty logic. 10/10 is not 'all a game could be'. 10/10 is saying that it's an OBJECTIVELY great game when compared to other video games.

It's not "faulty logic"; you keep using the word "logic" but it doesn't mean what you think it means. In fact, you are trying to assert that 10/10 means a certain thing when it doesn't. The whole point of a fractional system of scoring is to place the game on a grade out of a total. If 10/10 is not attainable, it isn't 10/10. 10/10 (or 100%) needs to be an attainable grade for what's being graded or else you're just arbitrarily placing the upper bound.
---
#10xIvan321Posted 10/24/2013 2:35:25 PM
That's not nearly as terrible as IGN's review for a lot of other games like Mario Kart 7 or Sonic Lost World. They hardly ever take the time to point out whats wrong with the games, expose enough content, and whine then make some very bizarre/invalid points. (GameTrailers review for SLW made a lot more sense.) It's pretty obvious that they don't know what the heck they are doing when it comes to reviewing games.
---
jedinat posted...
Yes, the pixels are bigger when the pixels are bigger.