can you trade between ds games with a 3ds

#1darkheartVegetaPosted 10/25/2013 6:01:48 PM
say i have 2 3ds could i trade between the two of them with two ds games?
---
trainer name: angie
3DS FC: 2836 0215 8118
#2darkheartVegeta(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 6:05:33 PM
bump
---
#3chestershadowPosted 10/25/2013 6:10:23 PM(edited)
darkheartVegeta posted...
bump

I think so, but there might be some exceptions (if this is for pokemon, some of the trading between games needs to be done in a certain order and with the right games. Would have to do more research about pokemon if its between different gens). Another exception could be games with dsi-specific functionality, but those games are few, and for all I know they work fine on a 3ds (although I seem to remember some sort of problem in regards to dsi on 3ds).
#4darkheartVegeta(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 6:13:24 PM
k yeah thanks. i was planning on trading between pokemon black and diamond. i just would trade pokemon that are 4th gen or earlier to my diamond
---
#5SalogyPosted 10/25/2013 6:20:10 PM
k yeah thanks. i was planning on trading between pokemon black and diamond. i just would trade pokemon that are 4th gen or earlier to my diamond

There is no way to trade between generations. There is a one way ticket from a lower generation to a high generation. To unlock it in Black, you need to go to the Poketransfer lab, after you beat the game. Yes, those are two DS games. The 3DS supports DS games so you can trade between those two.
---
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs
#6darkheartVegeta(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 6:23:01 PM
Salogy posted...

There is no way to trade between generations. There is a one way ticket from a lower generation to a high generation. To unlock it in Black, you need to go to the Poketransfer lab, after you beat the game. Yes, those are two DS games. The 3DS supports DS games so you can trade between those two.

sweet i may have to do this. i have actually pokemon white but i know i have beaten it so i should be able to do the poketransfer thing
---