Can anyone recommend some good 3DS-friendly laptop hotspot software?

#1bcorneliaPosted 10/27/2013 3:02:08 AM
I've used a nintendo wifi connector for the longest time with great results, but the laptop that I'm stuck with for the foreseeable future doesn't support it.

I've been trying to use various hotspot software like Connectify and Virtual Router, but they have been completely terrible. Games like Pokemon and Mario Kart just do not like to cooperate.

Any recommendations or advice?
---
This is an elite pirate
#2jovewolfPosted 10/27/2013 5:17:25 AM
I've had good success with a cheap wifi router and cross-over cat-5 cable, but that might be a bit more expensive option than you're looking for.

On the plus side though, if you do go that route it will work for just about any wifi connections you want to make.
---
"Don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you."
#3nonexistingheroPosted 10/27/2013 6:23:27 AM
A cheap wireless router is probably the best way to go if you want wi-fi for internet. And you can use it for wireless devices, not just internet. You can probably get one for $20 or less.

If you want something that can work with homepass, you need a router that allows for MAC spoofing, an Android phone (not all work though) or a laptop/pc with a wireless network card. Personally, I use my laptop for homepass.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.