2DS Buttons and Screen not Working

#1toby_loverPosted 10/28/2013 2:26:23 PM
I was playing Pokemon Y on a 2DS that I got about a week ago. I viewed my party and found that the buttons as well as the touch screen stopped working. I powered off my system and turned it back on. The touch screen does not work. The only button that works is the A button and it allows me to start up Pokemon Y. However, if I open up my party again, the same thing happens. I'm not sure what's going on here!
#2thebatdaddPosted 10/28/2013 2:31:42 PM
Go take it back and get another. Obvious fault with the system
---
I speak the truth, deal with it.
#3SlaynPosted 10/28/2013 2:35:14 PM
did you hit the switch that magically makes all the buttons start working again
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#4ARsignal11Posted 10/28/2013 2:39:55 PM
thebatdadd posted...
Go take it back and get another. Obvious fault with the system

This. You only bought it a week ago. It's clearly defective and get your replacement!
#5drteeth3Posted 10/30/2013 8:47:04 PM
toby_lover posted...
I was playing Pokemon Y on a 2DS that I got about a week ago. I viewed my party and found that the buttons as well as the touch screen stopped working. I powered off my system and turned it back on. The touch screen does not work. The only button that works is the A button and it allows me to start up Pokemon Y. However, if I open up my party again, the same thing happens. I'm not sure what's going on here!

I had the same type of problem. I got through the setup and then the touchscreen and everything but the a & b button stopped working. Not even 1 day old.