Do you think more 3DS fans own Vita or Vita fans own a 3DS?

#1Semi45aPosted 11/10/2013 1:58:09 AM
And if so which camp are you?
---
#Likeasandwich, #dealwithit
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#2BuretsuPosted 11/10/2013 1:59:41 AM
More 3DS fans own Vita.

I'm in the "I'd get a Vita, but there aren't enough games for me yet." camp.
---
9/17/2013: A dark day in history. SEGA Sammy acquires Index.
RIP: Atlus games ever leaving Japan
#3arstosPosted 11/10/2013 2:45:12 AM
Buretsu posted...
More 3DS fans own Vita.

this. although if sega would localize phantasy star online 2 already that would probably be reason enough, especially considering all the cross play games i own.
---
PSN:Dragonlibrarian
Steam:Dragonlibrarian7
#4juzziebPosted 11/10/2013 3:32:57 AM
I don't think anyone who owns a 3DS buys a Vita, but I imagine that some people started with a Vita and converted to 3DS.
---
3DS FC: 2294-4729-3240
#5juzziebPosted 11/10/2013 3:33:21 AM
arstos posted...
Buretsu posted...
More 3DS fans own Vita.

this. although if sega would localize phantasy star online 2 already that would probably be reason enough, especially considering all the cross play games i own.

PSO2 is awful.
---
3DS FC: 2294-4729-3240
#6SekaiIchibanPosted 11/10/2013 4:09:37 AM
Started with a Vita, then got a 3DS for my mario,pokemon games. Playing mostly on my Vita though due to it's more comfortable for me to hold and play all those japanese games :P
#7BlackBloodDragoPosted 11/10/2013 4:16:36 AM
juzzieb posted...
I don't think anyone who owns a 3DS buys a Vita, but I imagine that some people started with a Vita and converted to 3DS.

I had a 3DS first then got a Vita. :/

Really though, people that are on the "I would have a vita if it had games" group need to cut the ignorance. The Vita has a lot more games going for it than what people give it credit for. Sure the 3DS has a library of games that's about 10 times the size of the Vitas game library, but does that really matter? No, because in the end both systems have games worth playing and that's what really matters.
---
DarkGun 3DS FC:3480-3950-4456 PS Vita PSN: DarkGun--
''If Stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?''-Will Rogers
#8arstosPosted 11/10/2013 4:32:01 AM
juzzieb posted...
arstos posted...
Buretsu posted...
More 3DS fans own Vita.

PSO2 is awful.

I haven't heard anything bad about it, most of the talk I've seen has seemed fairly positive, and from the gameplay I've seen it seems very much what I'd expect. Have you played it, if so why did you think it was awful?
---
PSN:Dragonlibrarian
Steam:Dragonlibrarian7
#9citroEnPosted 11/10/2013 5:09:52 AM
I own both and can tell they are equally good for me, but its a really a matter of game/app preference.
#10XenoFFvsPosted 11/10/2013 5:14:15 AM
juzzieb posted...

I had a 3DS first and later got a VITA. The VITA totally killed my enjoyment of the 3DS for a very long time(about a year and a half). I couldn't stand playing games on that dinky little screen anymore after playing on the VITAs big, beautiful OLED screen. I recently sold my 3DS and got an XL and am now pretty satisfied with it but if not forcthe XL, I might not've gone back to play on the 3DS ever again.

And I have to agree with the poster above me. Anyone on the fence about getting a VITA due to the "lack of games" doesn't know enough about the game selection(or has extremely picky tastes).

VITA games that are must haves(obviously not every game is a must have for everybody but these are games that should satisfy fans of the genres the games are part of) and games that are worth checking out(even if they aren't "must haves"):

AC3: Liberation
Alien Breed
Army Corps of Hell
Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate
Blazblue:CSE
Call of Duty BOD
CastleStorm
Dead or Alive 5
Disgaea 3
Divekick
DJMAX TECHNIKA
Dokuro
Dragons Crown
Dragon Fantasy Book I
Dragon Fanrasy Book II
Dynasty Warriors Next
Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable
Escape Plan
Fifa 14
Fifa 13
Gravity Rush
Guacamelee
Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus R
Hotline Miami
Hot Shots Golf
Jak and Daxter Collection
Jet Set Radio
Killzone Mercenary
Knytt Underground
Littlebigplanet VITA
Lumines
Madden 13
Malicious Rebirth
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
MLB The Show
Motorstorm RC
Murusama Rebirth
Mutant Blobs
Need for Speed Most Wanted
New Little Kungs Story
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus
Orgarythm
Persona 4 Golden
Pixeljunk Monsters: Ultimate HD
Plants Vs Zombies
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Proteus
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault
Rayman Legends
Rayman Origins
Resistance: Burning Skies
Retro City Rampage
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Soul Sacrifice
Sound Shapes
Spelunky
Stealth Inc
Street Fighter X Tekken
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz
Super Stardust Delta
Supremacy MMA
The Walking Dead
Thomas was Alone
Touch My Katamari
Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Unit 13
Valhalla Knights 3
Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition
When Vikings Attack
Wipeout 2014
Zero Escape: Virtues Last Reward

I'm sure I even missed a few. But, if you don't see 10 to 20 titles you think you'd like from that list(AFTER researching them) then you just don't like video games. Yes, a lot of those are ports(most of which are enhanced or have added content and are well actually portable compared to their console versions) but being a port doesn't mean a game is bad. Plus, I listed a ton of games that aren't ports.

And add to the fact that the VITA is the best way to play any DD games from PS1 and PSP, making a list of those games would be a list of over a thousand titles:-/

Would a list for 3DS games be longer? Yes. Would it have a smaller percentage of ports? Yes. I'm not trying to argue that the VITA has a better selection than the 3DS.

All I'm trying to say is that VITA has games, a lot of them, a lot of good ones too with more to come like the new Ys, Tearaway, FFX/-2 HD, and more.

Anyway, I had a 3DS first, got a VITA later, got a 3DS XL even later. I enjoy both, pretty much equally and would recommend either to any gamer.
---
Sytems Owned: NES, GEN, SATURN, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GC, Wii, PS3, 360, Wii U, OUYA, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, PSP, 3DS, VITA. Can't wait for PS4.