Nintendo is more devious then they let on!

#1StevenTheGamblePosted 11/13/2013 11:28:35 AM
I mean they bomb the lacklustre ps4 launch with a Nintendo direct, heavily centred around there best selling console atm (a pretty smart move imo)
And they bomb the Xbox one launch with Mario and Zelda!!

I think Nintendo played these holidays well, at might just sneak up from behind!

Ign is reposting playstation articles with altered titles to keep up with all the news from today's direct
To avoid the ps4 launch being completely overshadowed by unified accounts and sm3dw!!

So what do you think?
Is Nintendo actually pulling some smart moves?
Or am I just a fanboy and they're just trying to get a foot in the door?
#2Unown_201Posted 11/13/2013 11:31:29 AM
Yeah, they obviously plan things to have maximum effect (or what they believe will be maximum effect).

I don't think the so much overshadowed the PS4 launch, but they avoided being overshadowed themselves.
#3abbeldydooPosted 11/13/2013 11:33:28 AM
Youtube,cross funds and a Bravely Default release date is nothing really.
---
Don't mod me bro!
3DSFC - 1993-8344-2623
#4XRay2984Posted 11/13/2013 11:37:15 AM
I'll agree that despite the WiiU sales problem, Nintendo is being pretty smart. Unified accounts is something we've all wanted for a while, and 3DS Miiverse is perfect since it can be used on the go straight from the console. Granted we should have gotten those a while ago, but better late than never I guess. Dropping two really well-received games on Xbone's launch day is also pretty awesome, considering how well people are predicting that console will sell.

As far as the PS4 launch goes, no one should expect anything spectacular software-wise. Ubisoft pulled launch support by pushing back multiple titles, and Killzone and Knack are getting mediocre reviews. Any people who claim the console still has a great launch lineup are only misinformed/fanboys. Nintendo is FINALLY starting to put out some quality WiiU software on a more consistent basis - let's hope that SM3DL is the start of a new trend.
---
"It's dangerous to go alone! Take this."
3DS FC: 3909-7604-9701
#5StevenTheGamble(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2013 11:37:52 AM
Word agreed, but about the ps4 launch
Idk man I am a full on gamer, recently turned 18 and have money saved from summer work.
I really wanted to be stoked on a next gen launch
Cuz I could afford all the consoles if I just worked
I mean gaming is what I DO
And I wound up buying a wii u.
The Nintendo lineup, notorious for being ******
Won me over, and I was an xbox fanboy last gen.
Not even the one has won me over from ssb

I shake my head at this console rush forced by Sony
And appreciate Nintendo at least giving me something to play consecutively for the next year
#6Retroxgamer0Posted 11/13/2013 12:10:30 PM
3ds just now got a youtube app wtf?
#7Genericgamer667Posted 11/13/2013 12:35:24 PM
how has the launch been lackluster?

I haven't been paying much attention to it, what are the current issues with the ps4?
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#8DBPanterAPosted 11/13/2013 12:45:34 PM
Genericgamer667 posted...

I haven't been paying much attention to it, what are the current issues with the ps4?

The issue, and this has been brought up on many sites covering video games, is that there are very few PS4 exclusive titles as well as Xbox1 exclusive titles. Most people are in agreement that these cross-generational games (such as Assassin's Creed 4) play and perform better on the new consoles, which is to be expected. However, there isn't must have titles to own today. Those come in 2014.

Not so wish any company ill will, but I feel we will see a very similar manner with the PS4 and Xbox1 where the initial sales of their consoles will be to the die hard fans. Those numbers are going to be much higher than the Wii U due to Nintendo's decisions with the Wii as I feel they lost a large group of their diehards.

It will always come down to the casual consumer. The person who buys a console down the road for 1-2 games per year. With these people, and have many friends in this camp, they do not see a reason to buy the next gen consoles any time soon. They want their sports games and shooters. 3rd party game developers cannot afford to NOT make their games on the PS3 and 360 for the next several years due to cost of development and marketing.

If you go back to 2005-2008 and look at the financial reports of the hardware manufacturers and 3rd party game developers, you will see the VAST majority of revenue was coming from the PS2 and original Xbox. It wasn't until 2009 where game sales on the PS3 was greater than the PS2. I expect this trend to repeat itself.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#9LeanaunfurledPosted 11/13/2013 12:47:47 PM
DBPanterA posted...
The issue, and this has been brought up on many sites covering video games, is that there are very few PS4 exclusive titles as well as Xbox1 exclusive titles.

I wouldn't call it an issue when practically every single launch is lackluster. PS3, 360, 3DS, Wii, Wii U...yet people still are somehow surprised by meh launches.
---
Currently Playing: Rune Factory 4, Monster Hunter 4
3DS FC: 2707-2560-1312 JPN FC 1907-9095-4490
#10StevenTheGamble(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2013 12:48:12 PM
Genericgamer667 posted...

K well I'm just gunna list a couple things and no sources.
Some May or may not be true
Other points are kinda indisputable
- lame launch games
-lame exclusive lineup
-disappointments with the graphical "superiority" boasted over xbox one
-the ds4 only lasts 7 hours ( I mean the wii u pro controller is 80!c'mon sony)
- the rubber on the sticks wears off easily
- in my own personal experience load times aren't that specacular
- I only played FIFA 14 but the graphics where meh
- supposedly certain consoles wobble rather then lay flat
- kotaku says the first ps4 they got from sony didn't work
- the policies and pay barriers around stuff like music unlimited
-no Blu ray or backwards compatibility
- the ui looks **** just upgraded ps3.
-pay for online
- sony boasts so many indie games that are just launch games and will be on other systems
And worst of all
- you have to deal with the playstation community. A bunch of butthurt fanboys and weabus living in denial
Too self centred and focused on making sony look good at all costs that they forego sense at times
And avoid enjoying other console experiences SIMPLY because they can't play in hd hd high definition hd to the max high definition.
God forbid your eye would ever notice a pixel