will the 3DS earn its place beside the SNES and PS2?

#21SMASHKING84Posted 11/15/2013 6:14:39 PM
The best Fire Emblem
I like fe 13 but 9 is the best one,imo
The best Animal Crossing
someone hasn't played animal crossing or wild world.
the wii version and the 3ds version are version 1.1 and 1.2 of wild world

The best Pokemon-Yes at least until the next one
The best mainline Shin Megami Tensei-wouldn't know
The best Professor Layton ^
The best Phoenix Wright^

The best Etrian Odyssey I played the remake of part 1,part 1's remake is better.
voice acting,faster text,harder gameplay.

The best version of Star Fox 64-I wouldn't know
The best version of Ocarina of Time-That's because it's not version 1.1 unlike the other ports
One of the best 3D Marios-LOL LOL LOL 3d land is by far the WORST 3d mario game
even sunshine was at least enjoyable.

One of the best Mario Karts-are you HIGH?
One of the best Resident Evils in the last 10 years-that's not saying much...
Another excellent Mario & Luigi RPG-good? maybe excellent? no.
A solid port of a fantastic Donkey Kong Country- wouldn't know
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC8ceXRcUhc
Final Fantasy VI is the best game ever.
#22RuzinusPosted 11/15/2013 6:31:56 PM
Its so weird to me to see people think that 3D Land is 6/10 and Galaxy is 10/10 rather than the other way around.

3D Land is the first Mario game to do difficulty well in almost 2 decades. It beat the trend of Mario games that are just easy throughout by having a post game that's as long as the main game and plays with difficulty in so many cool ways. It was just amazing how simply adding the evil little Mario that chases you completely transformed the difficulty of certain stages.

Also 3D Land is the only 3D Mario where the controls are perfect.
---
FOR THE LUNDRAY!
"It's really big, but it's cursed."
#23VyersPosted 11/15/2013 6:32:26 PM
GeekyDad posted...
You're either delusional or sorely misinformed. The DS, yes. Absolutely deserving of sitting alongside PS2 and SNES on those terms. 3DS? Not even close. It's got good games, good features, and a decent future, I believe, but no, not anywhere in the league of those other systems. I doubt it will be at the end of its cycle.

Bull****. The notion that the 3DS cannot be as good as the DS, PS2, or Super NES is ridiculous. With...

Shin Megami Tensei IV
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D Land
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Pushmo
Crashmo
Mario Kart 7
Pokémon X and Y
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Etrian Odyssey IV: Legend of the Titan
Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl
Gunman Clive
Resident Evil: Revelations
Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracles
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Bravery Default: Flying Fairy
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Star Fox 64 3D
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition
Dragon Quest VII
Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 2
Dragon Quest Monsters 2
Theaterhythm Final Fantasy
Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure
Rune Factory 4
Slime MoriMori 3 Dragon Quest 3: Daikaizoku to Shippodan
Unchained Blades
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Mighty Switch Force!
Mutant Mudds
NightSky
VVVVVV
Cave Story+

And coming up...

Kirby's Triple Deluxe
Mario Golf: World Tour
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy 2
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Break Record
Mighty No. 9
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

The 3DS has fantastic potential to be one of the best consoles for its game library alone, not to mention the potential for a wider variety of indie titles that exists.
---
Couple o' YouTube channels. http://www.youtube.com/user/TheNegativeHippie http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear
#24SMASHKING84Posted 11/15/2013 6:41:42 PM
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D Land-LOL

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Pushmo
Crashmo
Mario Kart 7
Pokémon X and Y
Animal Crossing: New Leaf-Not everyone likes this game even fans of the series don't like it.
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon-The original had more heart,and didn't force you go 15 minutes+ without a check point because the developers were too lazy to put in legit difficulty they put in fake difficulty

Kid Icarus: Uprising
Etrian Odyssey IV: Legend of the Titan
Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl
Gunman Clive
Resident Evil: Revelations
Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracles
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team-The series wasn't about gimmicky controls until now
Bravery Default: Flying Fairy
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D-Port
Star Fox 64 3D_Port
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked-Port
Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition-Port
Dragon Quest VII-Port
Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 2-Port
Dragon Quest Monsters 2-Port
Theaterhythm Final Fantasy_played the demo,it's not fun.
Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure
Rune Factory 4-RF 3 was much much better
Slime MoriMori 3 Dragon Quest 3: Daikaizoku to Shippodan
Unchained Blades-Unnecessary rythm games are foced on you to progress
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate-Port
Mighty Switch Force!_Another example of people liking a game because it's hard and nothing else
Mutant Mudds
NightSky
VVVVVV-Port
Cave Story+-Port
---
#25SMASHKING84Posted 11/15/2013 6:42:41 PM
also hgh isn't coming to 3ds.
---
#26VyersPosted 11/15/2013 6:53:25 PM(edited)
1. You'll have to explain your LOL for 3D Land.
2. By what virtue do fans of the series not like it? What indicates this? Is it the fact that it rates more highly than all other Animal Crossing games? Seems like the game has been perfectly fine, and you're inventing a cabal of people who found themselves disappointed by this game.
3. Cite the fake difficulty in Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.
4. Actually, every Mario & Luigi game followed gimmicks. All Mario & Luigi games use timed button-input, a gimmick among the RPG genre as most games do not feature such a concept.
5. Ports... are still good games, brah. Devil Survivor Overclocked has new story content, and the Dragon Quest Monsters games are all new engines with tons of new content. Effectively new games, and definitely not ports.
6. It doesn't matter what you think, I'm afraid. A lot of people enjoyed Theatrhythm.
7. "Better" has nothing to do with indicating individual quality. If it did, most games would suck because Half-Life 2 was better.
8. Who cares? Unchained Blades' primary focus was the reason people bought it.
9. Cite the fake difficulty in Mighty Switch Force!. Don't just take buzz words. Do you have issue with the controls? Are the puzzles illogical? Is there input delay? Are the graphics or audio so bad that they prevent you from enjoying the game? Show your work.
---
Couple o' YouTube channels. http://www.youtube.com/user/TheNegativeHippie http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear
#27Lelouch71Posted 11/15/2013 8:07:54 PM
It's most certainly my favorite system since the PS2. I already like it better than the DS (which was also good too).
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#28INKU48Posted 11/15/2013 8:13:58 PM
I wonder if people thinking this actually grew up with and could afford to buy PS2 games at that time? I have played over a hundred PS2 games and a large chunk of them very good ones. With the 3DS I could count these on the fingers of my two hands.

Is the 3DS doing well? Yes, but it is not even close to the PS2. Didn't own a SNES when it was hot so I won't comment.
---
JRPG in a school environment, with school activities as side quests. It's close enough to trick people into thinking it's like P4G. - GirlsH@teMyFace
#29VyersPosted 11/15/2013 8:51:52 PM
INKU48 posted...
I wonder if people thinking this actually grew up with and could afford to buy PS2 games at that time? I have played over a hundred PS2 games and a large chunk of them very good ones. With the 3DS I could count these on the fingers of my two hands.

Is the 3DS doing well? Yes, but it is not even close to the PS2. Didn't own a SNES when it was hot so I won't comment.

I'm curious which PS2 games you've played.
---
#30RuzinusPosted 11/15/2013 8:54:39 PM
INKU48 posted...

Really? Trying to play an old man card because you grew up with a PS2? Check the age poll from last week, you're young here.

It sounds like you're comparing PS2 as a completed thing with its full library existing to 3DS right now. Why don't you search your memory and compare the 3DS to the PS2 in 2002?
---
FOR THE LUNDRAY!
"It's really big, but it's cursed."