Am I the only one that feels Senran Kagura Burst is sexist?

#121BishtrainerTai16Posted 11/15/2013 12:56:41 AM
Yes, because there's hardly any fanservice for women. The only game I can think of that has it is MGS3. And logic applies, so Snake takes more damage from having less clothes on. Totally sexist.
---
|B|I|L|L|Y|C|O|E|N|...my anti-drug.
#122OmgitsMarioPosted 11/15/2013 12:58:09 AM
danielfromhood posted...
OmgitsMario posted...
No one complains about men being overly masculine. Why the hell is it wrong for women to be overly sexual?

Have you ever studied women's rights in your entire life?

Yes, quite extensively in fact lol. There isn't anything a woman should be ashamed of when girls are sexualized in games however. It's not an insult by men or anything. Women are being placed on a pedestal. If anything, I'd find it empowering if I was a woman.
---
The blue moon has risen!
#123Semi45aPosted 11/15/2013 1:42:52 AM
more precisely the complaint is the objectification of women. I see no such thing in Senran Kagura. They are honorable ninjas fighting for the destiny of their clan.
---
#Likeasandwich, #dealwithit
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#124EarthLord_CJPosted 11/15/2013 1:59:31 AM
Semi45a posted...
more precisely the complaint is the objectification of women. I see no such thing in Senran Kagura. They are honorable ninjas fighting for the destiny of their clan.

If that's all it is with some fan-service thrown in, then yeah, there really isn't much in the way of outright sexism.

Whether it's presented tastefully or not is another thing entirely, of course, but I personally haven't seen or heard of something in the game being that objectifying.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qgqVy.jpg
"Don't wanna know...where the sinners go..."
#125sonicnewboyPosted 11/15/2013 2:02:19 AM
It's very sexist yes. And I don't think that just because it's a video game that we shouldn't take it seriously, since the media we consume can definitely have an influence on our perceptions of our world.

Video games are art, and like any other art, they should be open to discussion.
#126Mattrules64Posted 11/15/2013 3:07:39 AM
danielfromhood posted...
danielfromhood posted...
Can a moderator please close this topic?

Please read carefully at the post where I said "I have my answer now".

No offence this subject does cause hell to break loose in any topic it's happened many times before you really should of thought of that before posting the topic

danielfromhood posted...
Buretsu posted...
danielfromhood posted...
You people are so immature.

Why else do you think there's so much hype about Senran Kagura?

Because of weeboos and lonely males.

*Calls people immature then proceeds to call people weeboos* nice job son you are now the bad guy
#127DeathSnipe777Posted 11/15/2013 3:21:24 AM(edited)
It's just a game. Who cares? Anyone old enough to be playing this game is already probably too set in their ways to have some sort of revelation about the treatment of women in society at large. This game isn't going to be a make-or-break point for anybody.

Even then, the point that it's sexist might be stretching things a bit. Objectifying, yes. But sexist? The dictionary definitions for sexism are...

1. Discrimination based on gender, especially discrimination against women.
2. Attitudes, conditions, or behaviors that promote stereotyping of social roles based on gender.

As far as I've heard, none of those things happen in the game. It's a bunch of females ninjas fighting for their clan and honor. Who all happen to have really large breasts for no purpose other than fanservice, which is objectifying. Whether the objectification in question is sexist or not, well, that's for you to decide.

People seem to forget that sexism is the unfair and unjust discrimination of a gender just because they're that gender.

Senran Kagura is a beat-em-up that uses large boobs to attract more people to buy the game. That's it. There's nothing more to it than that.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#128pikachupwnagePosted 11/15/2013 3:54:03 AM
Buretsu posted...
To be fair, I don't think it's intentionally sexist, but it's certainly capitalizing on the immature attitudes people have towards sex.

Yup. You could also take the view that it enpowers woman by showing them their sexy bodies are nothing to be ashamed about and...*bursts into laughter*

I couldn't keep a straight face when typing that. Its about fun with big bouncy boobies...and Ninja's. I suppose those are there as well.

Hell the director even admited its about the boobs. He even said this about the Vita game...

"But why is Marvelous AQL putting the next Senran Kagura on PlayStation Vita?

“Because I wanted to make breasts that could be licked,” said Takaki.

“Breasts are life, ass is hometown.”

http://gematsu.com/2012/10/senran-kagura-shinovi-versus-producer-talks-ps-vita-breasts

Oh the battle system is apparently based on sadism and masochism...yeah.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/02/senran-kagura-portrait-of-girls-producer-bares-it-all-an-exlusive-interview/
---
Haven't you heard the new sensation sweeping the nation? *****es love cannons!
#129AceMosPosted 11/15/2013 4:50:48 AM
im female and i do find this game sexist

guess waht the hole fanservice for woman is sexist agianst men to both are sexist folks

and as for this game it is nothin gbut shallow fan service sold just on that i doubt any 1 would care about the game if all the fan service crap was removed

but what can i expect the problem does nto offend them so they act like there is no problem
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#130esoteric42Posted 11/15/2013 6:23:13 AM
According to dictionary.reference.com:

sexism [sek-siz-uhm]
noun
1.attitudes or behavior based on traditional stereotypes of sexual roles.
2.discrimination or devaluation based on a person's sex, as in restricted job opportunities; especially, such discrimination directed against women.

misogyny [mi-soj-uh-nee, mahy-]
noun
hatred, dislike, or mistrust of women.

I think the game is more misogynist than sexist.
---
Let Nintendo know what you think!
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/webform/