Is my logic flawed?

#11mouse2891(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2013 10:39:55 PM
Buretsu posted...
mouse2891 posted...
Buretsu posted...
Why would the store give you $120 for games you paid $80 for?

because theyre essentially giving you a game for free which means you can return it. if you dont have a receipt they accept it in exchange for store credit. so 3 games at $40 each.

So you're basically betting on the employees being completely braindead.

not exactly, this would work if its in different days or if you want, there are usually best buys or wal-marts really close to targets so you could return it there and price match.
#12mouse2891(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2013 10:42:07 PM
ocelot51 posted...
This won't work since electronics and media have a slightly different return policy. One requiring a receipt. Also special promotions like that are non-refundable.

If the item is unopened and there is no receipt they will give you store credit. As for the special promotion you would not tell them you got it that way instead that you bought them separately.
#13BuretsuPosted 11/14/2013 10:46:28 PM
mouse2891 posted...
ocelot51 posted...
This won't work since electronics and media have a slightly different return policy. One requiring a receipt. Also special promotions like that are non-refundable.

If the item is unopened and there is no receipt they will give you store credit. As for the special promotion you would not tell them you got it that way instead that you bought them separately.

Contrary to what you seem to think, retail employees are not stupid; they will know exactly what sort of a stunt you are trying to pull.
---
9/17/2013: A dark day in history. SEGA Sammy acquires Index.
RIP: Atlus games ever leaving Japan
#14mouse2891(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2013 10:48:18 PM
Buretsu posted...
mouse2891 posted...
ocelot51 posted...

Contrary to what you seem to think, retail employees are not stupid; they will know exactly what sort of a stunt you are trying to pull.

most dont seem to care and if they do go next door to best buy and do the same. ive tried it when i bought a game on amazon and returned it to best buy they didnt even bat an eye lol.
#15Gogo726Posted 11/14/2013 11:41:39 PM
I did this trick but involved two different stores.

1. X and Y $18 each from Wal Mart
2. "Return" to Bet Buy for $40 each store credit
3. Use gift card to preorder SM3DW and LBW
4. ???
5. Profit
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
#16gotdangitPosted 11/15/2013 2:15:17 AM
I'm pretty sure on the receipt it says there was a special deal. Meaning they will not give you free money.

And I'm not sure what you mean but "return" to a different store.

If you buy 3 games, there will be the $120 - $40 on the receipt, so they will know you got it for free.
---
Poke White code: 1077-0690-9356
#17BuretsuPosted 11/15/2013 2:17:55 AM
gotdangit posted...
I'm pretty sure on the receipt it says there was a special deal. Meaning they will not give you free money.

If you buy 3 games, there will be the $120 - $40 on the receipt, so they will know you got it for free.

Like the thieves who steal $120 worth of Claritin from the shelves and try to return it, he'll do it without a receipt and, if pressed, will claim something along the lines of that his poor sick mother bought those games but threw away the receipt, and as such he has no idea when they were bought.
---
9/17/2013: A dark day in history. SEGA Sammy acquires Index.
RIP: Atlus games ever leaving Japan
#18gotdangitPosted 11/15/2013 2:20:48 AM
Buretsu posted...
gotdangit posted...

Like the thieves who steal $120 worth of Claritin from the shelves and try to return it, he'll do it without a receipt and, if pressed, will claim something along the lines of that his poor sick mother bought those games but threw away the receipt, and as such he has no idea when they were bought.

Do stores usually allow for this? I feel like you cannot do this with video games. There is no way of knowing what kind of discount you got without the receipt. I don't think it will work.

What about gift receipts though?
---
#19gotdangitPosted 11/15/2013 2:21:35 AM
Also is this target B2G1 thing just in store or do I need a ticket or something or membership?

How long does it last?
---
#20Kyoshiro12345Posted 11/15/2013 2:24:06 AM
mouse2891 posted...
Buretsu posted...
Why would the store give you $120 for games you paid $80 for?

because theyre essentially giving you a game for free which means you can return it. if you dont have a receipt they accept it in exchange for store credit. so 3 games at $40 each.

target return policy: without a receipt you only get the cheaper price the games have been for the past 30 days and if is there a sale B2G1 you will only get back in a gift card the sale price, so if you return 2 only you will get full price for first and half price for second.
---
Screenshot it or it didnt happen.