3DS is getting a shafted downgrade LOSER version of Miiverse ;_;

#41Prince_PyroPosted 11/15/2013 6:02:36 PM
Baha05 posted...
Prince_Pyro posted...
If a confirmation directly from Nintendo isn't proof enough for you, I'm not entirely sure what you'd consider "sufficient" proof.

Considering this came from a CS rep it's not proof enough, because what the hell are customer service representatives going to know about the full details of a future update?

Reports emerged earlier today of a Nintendo customer services representative stating that it won't be possible to issue friend request or send private messages to other users. We followed up directly with Nintendo to clarify, which issued the following brief statement:

Miiverse on Nintendo 3DS does not include friend request or user messaging features.

If it was just a customer service rep, I might see your point. But that Nintendolife got in contact with them directly to find out is enough proof for me. I don't see what a website based entirely around Nintendo systems/games has any reason to lie, especially about something that could portray the company in any sort of negative way.
---
[=[3DS]=] FC: 0946-2412-9538 ~ Name: Joel ~ Harvest Moon: ANB [Clover Farm]
[o+[___].::] Now playing: Shin Megami Tensei IV, REvelations
#42Baha05Posted 11/15/2013 6:04:26 PM
Prince_Pyro posted...
Reports emerged earlier today of a Nintendo customer services representative stating that it won't be possible to issue friend request or send private messages to other users. We followed up directly with Nintendo to clarify, which issued the following brief statement:

Miiverse on Nintendo 3DS does not include friend request or user messaging features.

If it was just a customer service rep, I might see your point. But that Nintendolife got in contact with them directly to find out is enough proof for me. I don't see what a website based entirely around Nintendo systems/games has any reason to lie, especially about something that could portray the company in any sort of negative way.

And who did they directly talk to then? Because just saying they directly contacted Nintendo seems really god damn vague. Was it someone higher up in the company?
---
"the problem is you won't know that when the year is up. so you can't exactly cancel it until it's too late." Someone without a calender
#43Prince_PyroPosted 11/15/2013 6:55:13 PM
Baha05 posted...
Prince_Pyro posted...

And who did they directly talk to then? Because just saying they directly contacted Nintendo seems really god damn vague. Was it someone higher up in the company?

I'm sorry. I give up. You plainly refuse to see what's right in front of you, I'm not going to convince you of anything you've already decided to be true in your own mind.

When it comes out, and you see for yourself, then you can continue to argue with yourself about how it's not officially official because Reggie didn't personally come to your house and tell you that there's no messaging in the 3DS Miiverse.
---
#44Baha05Posted 11/15/2013 6:57:11 PM
Prince_Pyro posted...
I'm sorry. I give up. You plainly refuse to see what's right in front of you, I'm not going to convince you of anything you've already decided to be true in your own mind.

When it comes out, and you see for yourself, then you can continue to argue with yourself about how it's not officially official because Reggie didn't personally come to your house and tell you that there's no messaging in the 3DS Miiverse.

What? All I'm just saying it is vague as to who said these details, there isn't anything wrong with wondering who gave out this information from an official statement.
---
"the problem is you won't know that when the year is up. so you can't exactly cancel it until it's too late." Someone without a calender
#45Prince_PyroPosted 11/15/2013 7:01:53 PM
Baha05 posted...
Prince_Pyro posted...

What? All I'm just saying it is vague as to who said these details, there isn't anything wrong with wondering who gave out this information from an official statement.

For what it's worth, Nintendolife is a reputable site. Like I said before, they have nothing to gain from lying about the situation. Especially if it is something people would view as "negative".
---
#46Baha05Posted 11/15/2013 7:03:10 PM
Prince_Pyro posted...
For what it's worth, Nintendolife is a reputable site. Like I said before, they have nothing to gain from lying about the situation. Especially if it is something people would view as "negative".

Fair enough but the statement just seems short for what it is and maybe it is true, but who knows what else might come up/be implemented in the update.
---
#47Groudon199Posted 11/15/2013 7:05:03 PM
I'm okay with no PMing on 3DS Miiverse, since everyone on my friend list I can chat with outside of Miiverse.
#48WrestlinFanPosted 11/15/2013 7:10:11 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
WrestlinFan posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...
Baha05 posted...
Prince_Pyro posted...
I'll just leave this here...

http://bit.ly/HXtSZo

(the original URL is longer than 80 characters, so I had to use a shortener.)

That's not really proof though.

Inb4BahaisaNintendofanboy.

Baha is a fanboy. And apparently Nintendo themselves confirming this isn't proof.

Well if customer service says it, it's clearly true. On a related note I'm super stoked for the Android 4.1 update Acer customer service promised us for the A500 over a year ago. I mean 4.3 is on the way and they don't make the A500 anymore since its nearly 3 years old, but this update will rock. You know, since customer service is never wrong.

Why not actual check the link next time before being a smart ass and making a fool out of yourself?
---
"Say Hello To the Bad Guy!"
I'm back!!! And better than ever!!!
#49Prince_PyroPosted 11/15/2013 7:12:20 PM
Baha05 posted...
Prince_Pyro posted...

Fair enough but the statement just seems short for what it is and maybe it is true, but who knows what else might come up/be implemented in the update.

I, like you, like Nintendo. However, I'm troubled by their decision to not allow any form of social interaction on the 3DS. I was hoping that with the new update, I would at least be able to organize some online play with people on my friends list, but it looks like that's not going to happen.

I understand their concerns, but I disagree with them treating their entire userbase as though it was composed solely of children.
---
#50Baha05Posted 11/15/2013 7:28:52 PM
Prince_Pyro posted...
I, like you, like Nintendo. However, I'm troubled by their decision to not allow any form of social interaction on the 3DS. I was hoping that with the new update, I would at least be able to organize some online play with people on my friends list, but it looks like that's not going to happen.

I understand their concerns, but I disagree with them treating their entire userbase as though it was composed solely of children.

Yes this is a big concern, but I would rather wait and see what they do. Miiverse and Nintendo ID is a pretty huge update but at the rate of Nintendo's online growth they most likely either really suck at this or are struggling to find what their online specialty will be.

Though considering it's still Miiverse even though if they don't include such an option to PM, there isstill the fact it's a message service. So we'll have to see how or what they implement in the 3DS Miiverse. They could surprise us with something (More so with this update, hell the last Wii U update surprised everyone with Off TV Wii play and they never made an announcement on it prior so they are also sneaky as hell with details on such updates)
---