Are there new castlevania games coming?

#31OoSubaruoOPosted 11/19/2013 9:29:33 AM
Bahamut_10th posted...
Being a vampire hunter doesn't means you need to be Mr. Universe.

And people claiming the characters are meant to be super buff and gritty probably only seen the american artwork. The ORIGINAL ones have very little in common with them.

At least the 'metrosexual' artstyle of Kojima was unique. Not a rip-off of any generic western game's character design of buff badly shaved gritty men.

Lastly, Judgement's artstyle was universally frowned upon. None of the characters' design is loyal to what they're supposed to be. Did you ever see Cornell use a weird armor in Legacy of Darkness? No? No ****.

Subaru being Subaru.

Err, are you referring to me in this post? If so, wtf?
---
The official Genbu of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#32TAoRPosted 11/19/2013 9:44:11 AM
It'd be nice if they did something that doesn't feel like a GoW spinoff with its gameplay.
#33guedesbrawlPosted 11/19/2013 9:55:04 AM
Bahamut_10th posted...
Being a vampire hunter doesn't means you need to be Mr. Universe.

And people claiming the characters are meant to be super buff and gritty probably only seen the american artwork. The ORIGINAL ones have very little in common with them.

At least the 'metrosexual' artstyle of Kojima was unique. Not a rip-off of any generic western game's character design of buff badly shaved gritty men.

Lastly, Judgement's artstyle was universally frowned upon. None of the characters' design is loyal to what they're supposed to be. Did you ever see Cornell use a weird armor in Legacy of Darkness? No? No ****.

Subaru being Subaru.

i never played his game, so i was totally fine with that badass looking armor. well, some desings are questionable, but the orignal charater, aeon, looked nice enough. Death with no clothes was scary, and Alucard looked fine, really. the other were bad
---
Learn this, gamers: "It's better to judge a game by the execution of what it set out to do instead of wishing it did something else" - Akito_Kinomoto
#34UltimaKeyMasterPosted 11/19/2013 10:12:37 AM
PStrife posted...
IGAvanias became a tired formula. With it's metro-sexual leads and awkward Japanese settings their (which lasted for far too long), plus the annoying gimmicks in nearly each one.

I enjoyed the change of pace with the new one.

Japanese settings? Which lasted only two games (Aria+Dawn of Sorrow)? Neither of which looked remotely Japan-themed besides the shrine steps at the beginning of Aria?

I think you're confusing "setting" with "art style."
If that's the case, EVEN THEN only two games used it! Just Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin! By Order of Ecclesia, they went right back to gothic-style portraits! Not counting Judgment, which almost everyone hates the art style for anyway, even if I kinda liked the game itself.
---
PSN-BrandonSkyblade, Xbox Live-Red Skyblade 64
Steam-brandonskysword
#35NoNameAtAllPosted 11/19/2013 2:08:31 PM
Albus seen laughing madly at this topic while Sorrow's Distortion plays.
---
OH MY GAWD how did I forget her, I fail so much -- Marth_Koopa, now MarsKoopa
#36colt85Posted 11/19/2013 2:25:18 PM
When I think of Simon Belmont, I only picture the epic SCV4 cover

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/587274/Castlevania+4+Super+Castlevania+4+Soundtrack.jpg

Friggin IGA that messes with Simon (and Richter) and gives him long red hair and bunch of leather and fur. And yeah, most of his protagonists where "delicate" metros. Still hate you more than the others, Juste.
---
http://calkubo.deviantart.com/
You know the user is a troll, you know the topic is just to provoke people, and yet you still post on it...
#37Bahamut_10thPosted 11/19/2013 2:34:15 PM
colt85 posted...

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/587274/Castlevania+4+Super+Castlevania+4+Soundtrack.jpg

Friggin IGA that messes with Simon (and Richter) and gives him long red hair and bunch of leather and fur. And yeah, most of his protagonists where "delicate" metros. Still hate you more than the others, Juste.

IGA didn't design the characters, genius.

IGA didn't even play his current role until SOTN.
---
What a horrible night to have a grock raid.
Got Dillon's Rolling Western? Help make the game's board more active!
#38colt85Posted 11/19/2013 2:38:11 PM
Bahamut_10th posted...
colt85 posted...

IGA didn't design the characters, genius.

IGA didn't even play his current role until SOTN.

IGA gives green light to the ideas implemented on the game. If he didn't like an aspect of the design he would have it modified, just like he changed other established stuff.

And?
---
http://calkubo.deviantart.com/
You know the user is a troll, you know the topic is just to provoke people, and yet you still post on it...
#3921_21Posted 11/19/2013 3:00:49 PM
UltimaKeyMaster posted...
PStrife posted...
IGAvanias became a tired formula. With it's metro-sexual leads and awkward Japanese settings their (which lasted for far too long), plus the annoying gimmicks in nearly each one.

I enjoyed the change of pace with the new one.

Japanese settings? Which lasted only two games (Aria+Dawn of Sorrow)? Neither of which looked remotely Japan-themed besides the shrine steps at the beginning of Aria?

I think you're confusing "setting" with "art style."
If that's the case, EVEN THEN only two games used it! Just Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin! By Order of Ecclesia, they went right back to gothic-style portraits! Not counting Judgment, which almost everyone hates the art style for anyway, even if I kinda liked the game itself.

Not to mention Dawn of Sorrow didn't even have Japanese setting. It took place in Transylvania once again!
---
Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Advance Wars, Paper Mario
3DS FC: 5284-1432-1297 Lemme know if you plan on adding me!