3ds Sonic Game Question

#1skullknightz88Posted 11/21/2013 6:15:26 AM
Hey guys, I will be picking up a 3ds xl this weekend, but I was a previous owner two years ago. I wanted to know what the "best" sonic game out for 3ds. I know there is sonic generations, lost world, and the ds games. If none of the 3ds games are worth purchasing you can be honest and tell me that too. Thanks in advance.
#2BigReedPosted 11/21/2013 6:25:05 AM
I'm not sure about Generations, but Lost World was pretty bad. I bought it full price (with my discount however) because I had the urge to play Sonic on my 3ds, and it was pretty rough.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/715776-sonic-lost-world/reviews/review-156252

You can check out my review if you want a more in depth answer. There is the Sonic genesis collection on the Nintendo DS. It has Sonic 1-3 and several other games I think. The genesis titles were the best in the series, in my opinion.
---
If you like my reviews, recommend them. If you have some suggestions feel free to PM me.
#3INKU48Posted 11/21/2013 6:38:51 AM
Sonic Colors on the DS wasn't bad at all. Haven't played the 3DS games because of the poor reception and still high prices.
---
JRPG in a school environment, with school activities as side quests. It's close enough to trick people into thinking it's like P4G -GirlsHteMyFace/Sen no Kiseki
#4Tortus2Posted 11/21/2013 6:53:17 AM
I enjoyed Sonic Generations but it's a bit on the short side.

I'm currently on the sixth zone in Sonic Lost World and I'm really enjoying it so far, except for a few acts. I'm not a huge fan of most of the Wisps, though.
---
3DS FC: 1075 - 0819 - 0953; NNID - Sir_Eef
Pokemon White Version 2 FC - 2838 7984 6351
#5xXMrWolfXxPosted 11/21/2013 12:10:30 PM
Sonic Lost World on the 3DS is honestly the best platforming game you can get for your system. (Shinobi comes 2nd place for me... then probably 10th comes the super mario 3DS games)

+Bosses put more of a challenge
+Longer stages
+Better Wisps compared to the Wii U version
+Online Leader boards/Vs/Race mode is fun and boosts more replay value.
+Parkour saves you life a hell of a lot in this game.

Cons:

The only reason why some people find the 3DS version bad is for the fact the stages are either too long for them, the special stages which shoehorns gyroscope controls (they aren't that bad actually but some people like to control them with an analog stick instead) and of course the more puzzle oriented stages which I laugh when I see people saying how horrible they are because Sonic isn't running in the stage. (Tropical Coast Zone 2 and Frozen Factory Act 3) Those are actually my most favorite stages in the game but honestly I think its all a matter of opinion in this game. Some Sonic fans seem to only want to be able to run in a straight line like in the end of Skyzone Act 3. (which many people praised) Thank fully there isn't a lot of it. (at least for me) There also seems to be a lot less cheap deaths compared to the Wii U version which in the 3DS version are Tropical Coast Extra Zone (the water for some damn reason will kill you all of a sudden.) and the Final Boss's black hole attack he uses for last resort. (you wont be able to tell if its a black hole but by then you realize you're dead.)
---
3DS FC:4425-1580-1611