Do people not play single player games anymore?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Do people not play single player games anymore?
2 years ago#1
All people seem to care about these days is online gaming, do you guys not play a game for the single player experience anymore, or does a game have to have online functionality for you to even consider buying it?

Online gaming is seriously tainting video games, and ruining franchises that were once good.
2 years ago#2
I don't have the best internet connection and people I know don't really play video games so single player is the most important factor for me.
Vanee Par Sir!
2 years ago#3
I play games for the single player...

Such as:

Rune Factory 4.
Senran Kagura Burst.
Shin Megami Tensei IV.
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D.
Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan.
Fire Emblem Awakening.
Liberation Maiden.
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

Singleplayer is my primary source of entertainment...

Oh on a unrelated note, which is a better game in general that fits a more modern player, Shin Megami Tensei IV or SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked?
The man who dies thus poor dies disgraced.
2 years ago#4
Agreed. People are so blinded by the fact that Mario party 3DS doesn't have online, they think it's automatically horrible
ADD my Pokemon Y FC: 3668-8145-2937 looking for someone with Pokemon X to trade starters,spares,exclusives,etc.
2 years ago#5
Nope. I do play online pretty often, but I'd say at least 70% of my gaming time is spent on single player or local split screen.
2 years ago#6
I have been playing single player games with some online coop elements (Pokemon Y)

So far I have

Fire Emblem Awakening
Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy
Pokemon Y
The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds
PSN: Malakius
2 years ago#7
I can't stand online play. I don't exactly have very good social skills (I'm autistic), so the social components of games stress me out. I prefer to play alone.
I'm a girl, dood.
It could be worse. I could be a Prinny.
2 years ago#8
Lol, yeah. Hearing the negative feedback for the new Mario Party game was my inspiration for the topic.

I can't stand online play either, much too stressful for me, especially co-op. I constantly stress over ****ing things up and letting my co-op partner down. I'm not in the right mental state for these types of!

Aaand @ furygods: I vote SMT IV =]

Edit: Also, I apologize if the last part of my original post sounded a bit dramatic. I just feel some games tack on online play for the sake of it being there..just feels forced, you know? I realize it's not always the main focus for most games.
2 years ago#9
I like playing multiplayer with friends, but I don't like playing online multiplayer. For example, Borderlands 2 on the 360, my TV and system were left at my brother's house so that we could play together on our own TVs. I don't want to play fighting games with a bunch of random strangers online (okay sometimes I do) but much rather have a bunch of people sit around on a couch and play.
My brother and I each have a Vita, but we share one PSN account. We can't be online together, but we can play Soul Sacrifice or Ragnarok Odyssey ad hoc together just fine.

That and I do play a whole lot of single player stuff, because it's fun and I don't have to arrange a schedule with others.

That may be why I am just not into games like Halo, Gears of War (I played the first, realy enjoyed the campaign) Call of Duty, since the focus is far more on online multiplayer. I miss the shooty games like Golden Eye or TimeSplitters, games that were fun, had a decent single player experience.

Still, I think a lot of people do want online. Just because we don't doesn't mean it's the norm.
2 years ago#10
You realize you asked this question on the 3DS board... Nintendo is known for single player.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Do people not play single player games anymore?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived