Who is probably skipping Bravely Default now after this new announcement?

#1SuperMario1998Posted 12/3/2013 1:20:34 PM
For those of you who don't know: http://www.geek.com/games/full-price-square-enix-3ds-game-bravely-default-has-1-50-microtransactions-1578749/

I was interested in this game, but I'm probably skipping it now, seeing as there's twenty other RPGs I could go play instead. I'll play an indie JRPG (which I often actually love) rather than play a game that I only really noticed because it was SE, and let them attempt to make me spend even more than the high price it will be selling for will ($50 instead of the normal $40). It's really appalling to me honestly. If you watch the trailers, it looks like a decent game, and some people put a lot of work into it, but now they are turning off a lot of people with their money-grubbing.
---
If you have 4 pencils and 7 apples, how many pancakes will fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don't wear hats.
#2GigaDogqHDPosted 12/3/2013 1:21:12 PM
ok
#3RygonPosted 12/3/2013 1:22:17 PM
I'm not.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#4Kyoshiro12345Posted 12/3/2013 1:22:22 PM
Lol troll topic
---
Screenshot it or it didnt happen.
#5Gandalf the IstariPosted 12/3/2013 1:22:57 PM
SuperMario1998 posted...
For those of you who don't know: http://www.geek.com/games/full-price-square-enix-3ds-game-bravely-default-has-1-50-microtransactions-1578749/

I was interested in this game, but I'm probably skipping it now, seeing as there's twenty other RPGs I could go play instead. I'll play an indie JRPG (which I often actually love) rather than play a game that I only really noticed because it was SE, and let them attempt to make me spend even more than the high price it will be selling for will ($50 instead of the normal $40). It's really appalling to me honestly. If you watch the trailers, it looks like a decent game, and some people put a lot of work into it, but now they are turning off a lot of people with their money-grubbing.

1) the collectors edition is 50, there is still a regular edition for 40

2) microtransactions are not necessary to play the game and the only benefit they give can be obtained through normal play without paying anything.

3) your loss
---
PSN: ck_22_c GT: ckc22
NA 3DS: 0533 - 4509 - 1310
#6Tzuba12Posted 12/3/2013 1:23:07 PM
The collectors edition is 50 dollars dude. And no, I won't skip a game because of an optional feature that doesn't have the slightest effect on whether or not you can 100 percent the game.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#7x_stevey_xPosted 12/3/2013 1:24:42 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8SuperMario1998(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 1:26:30 PM
My point isn't that this necessarily ruins the game. It's that SE has come to the point where they sell a game for full price (apparently I misunderstood the pricing) and yet they still try to mooch more money off of you. All you are doing by buying this game is supporting that, and like I said, there are tons of other RPGs out there that are (objectively) much better, they simply don't get noticed because no one pasted the name 'Square Enix' on it.
---
If you have 4 pencils and 7 apples, how many pancakes will fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don't wear hats.
#9GamerRafPosted 12/3/2013 1:27:19 PM
I'm buying the CE.
---
"Lets release a console with no games and no marketing." -Satoru Iwata, 2012
#10Tzuba12Posted 12/3/2013 1:28:57 PM(edited)
SuperMario1998 posted...
My point isn't that this necessarily ruins the game. It's that SE has come to the point where they sell a game for full price (apparently I misunderstood the pricing) and yet they still try to mooch more money off of you. All you are doing by buying this game is supporting that, and like I said, there are tons of other RPGs out there that are (objectively) much better, they simply don't get noticed because no one pasted the name 'Square Enix' on it.

Then fire Emblem and smtiv should be under fire too since they both have experience DLC. And you can't say anything is objectively better if you haven't played it. Stop trollin.
---
Posted using GameFlux