12.43% (21 votes)
Radiant Dawn
5.92% (10 votes)
Shadow Dragon
2.37% (4 votes)
Awakening
51.48% (87 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Which english released Fire emblem did you like the most?
---
oof
#2brutalhitsPosted 12/4/2013 12:35:29 AM
I do love awakening, but am I the only one that feels like something is missing? That other games of this kind have? All you do is attack from 1-3 squares away. There's no selection of spells to put some more variety in there or anything..
#3SMASHKING84Posted 12/4/2013 12:38:39 AM
inb4 endgame

anyways awakening for me.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6PxX4xw4DU
I'd rather things stay the same and be good then get worse.
#4hyperknees91(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2013 12:41:52 AM
brutalhits posted...
I do love awakening, but am I the only one that feels like something is missing? That other games of this kind have? All you do is attack from 1-3 squares away. There's no selection of spells to put some more variety in there or anything..

you mean other Fire Emblem games or other SRPGs?
---
oof
#5Starwars4JPosted 12/4/2013 12:42:21 AM
Gotta give it to FE7, one of my favorite games of all time. I can't even count how many times I replayed that game...
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#6Clint_EastStonePosted 12/4/2013 12:45:39 AM
Objectivly Blazing Sword is a better SRPG.
Objectivly Awakening is a better JRPG Dating Sim.
One of these things is not what FE is about.
#7brutalhitsPosted 12/4/2013 12:50:08 AM
hyperknees91 posted...
brutalhits posted...

I said other games of this kind...so vandal hearts..final fantasy tactics etc.
#8SMASHKING84Posted 12/4/2013 12:51:01 AM
they added breeding to pokemon in gen 2. letting two things breed to create a third thing doesn't make it a dating sim.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6PxX4xw4DU
I'd rather things stay the same and be good then get worse.
#9hyperknees91(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2013 12:54:52 AM
brutalhits posted...
hyperknees91 posted...
brutalhits posted...

I said other games of this kind...so vandal hearts..final fantasy tactics etc.

Just clarifying.

FE focuses more on the strategy than the RPG elements is why. Outside of awakening, it had a very unique way of doing things to make up for it with the limited amount of xp available system.

The variety is usually in the amount of classes the game offers, which all have their uses strengths/weaknesses etc. Too much variety would kill the balance (outside of awakening).
---
oof
#10RygonPosted 12/4/2013 12:55:32 AM
brutalhits posted...

The complexity is in the strengths and weaknesses of classes and weapons and how they balance each other. Final Fantasy Tactics has different spells like you describe, but what difference do a Knight, Geomancer, Samurai, Squire, Dragoon, or Thief have on a boss or against each other? Maybe they each have a special skill that can wear down an opponent but will they ever be an instant threat that could kill you for sloppy positioning? Are the enemies so dangerous that you have to study their movement range and devise how to get the right man to the right place to save his team mates, and pull it off it a single move? Fire Emblem is a game of chess. The pieces are clearly defined and every turn could be a surprise victory or defeat. In the FFT style of game mostly any type of character is suited for most any situation, and you can safely trade blows and worry not about planning because it takes 3-5 attacks to take someone and you have cheap long range healing to keep you safe. Absolutely it is still a hard game, with some notorious bosses, but there is a much larger margin of error so there is no need to exhaust every potential scenario before a move.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108