Digital Copy of Pokemon X not working on 2DS

#1mastermeechPosted 12/12/2013 11:04:25 AM
I have recently purchased the 2DS system that came bundled with pokemon x on December 10. I opened it and began playing it out of the box for a while and left it alone. On December 11th I decided to update my pokemon x game to version 1.1 and my 2DS system software to the newest (which is 7.0.0). I began playing pokemon x after all the updates and the game began crashing whenever i would enter or exit a building (no pokemon center for you). The game would either bring up a message saying that the game had ended unexpectedly or just freeze. This happened about 10 times consecutively. I decided why dont I start a new game my save file must be corrupted or something. I didnt even get that far in the game a new game wont be so bad. So I made a new game and now it consistently crashes after I chose my first pokemon. I called nintedo customer support for north america and they told me I would have to send it to nintendo for repairs. They sent me an email (that I am still waiting for) that will have the prepaid postage so that I can take it to a ups store and have it sent to nintendo for repairs.

Now my question to you guys I am just unlucky and have a faulty system end of story.
Or did updating the game and system firmware have something to do with it?
Let me know what you think.
#2LethalX08Posted 12/12/2013 11:07:57 AM
Sounds more like the download is corrupted somehow meaning you would need to delete it & redownload.

However it could also be a faulty system & seeing as it's in warranty & you've contacted nintendo, i'd personally go down that route just to be 100% sure.
---
3DS: 1504/5682/1682 PSN: LethalX08 Steam: lethalx08 Playing: LoZ ALBW, Sonic Generations 3DS, Dishonored. http://backloggery.com/lethalx08
#3KurenoPosted 12/12/2013 11:08:12 AM
You could have a faulty download of X. You should delete and redownload the game and see if that fixes it.
---
Loading new signature. Please wait.
#4mastermeech(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2013 11:13:03 AM
I cannot believe that I forgot to mention that I already used the fix software feature on nintendo's e-shop. The fix software report results showed that my game was fine but that if I wanted to I could re install the game. So i re-installed the game and it still crashes. I even said well maybe my SD card is faulty. I took out a new SDCard downloaded pokemon X version 1.0 (I can still update to 1.1 it if I want). I ran the game off of the new SD card and same problem.
#5KurenoPosted 12/12/2013 11:16:54 AM
Well, that is most puzzling then. I reckon sending it in might be your only recourse. Sorry, bruv.
---
Loading new signature. Please wait.
#6PlaysaverPosted 12/12/2013 2:38:30 PM
How big is the memory card in the 2ds? Maybe the patch took a bit too much room on the card.
#7mastermeech(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2013 3:34:15 PM
The 2ds comes with a 4gb memory card. The game Pokemon x is surprisingly not that big of a file. Its about 1.7gb. It appeared that the game was able to fit on my 2 gigabyte SD card (the 2gb SD card was the second SD card I used)
#8furygodsPosted 12/12/2013 3:35:56 PM
The eshop is a little buggy at the moment.
---
Ass Fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3QO0z7Vgwvo#t=78 , Funniest Manga: Oretama.
#9mastermeech(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2013 8:15:33 PM
On December 12 2013 Nintendo released a new patch 1.2 for Pokemon x and y. Now my digital copy of Pokemon x runs smoothly.
#10PlaysaverPosted 12/14/2013 9:09:32 PM
mastermeech posted...
On December 12 2013 Nintendo released a new patch 1.2 for Pokemon x and y. Now my digital copy of Pokemon x runs smoothly.

Happy to hear that helped. I was worried when I downloaded that new patch I'd end up with your problem. It would seem that it was probably a fix for your 2ds problem though.