Digital Copy of Pokemon X not working on 2DS

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Digital Copy of Pokemon X not working on 2DS

User Info: mastermeech

mastermeech
3 years ago#1
I have recently purchased the 2DS system that came bundled with pokemon x on December 10. I opened it and began playing it out of the box for a while and left it alone. On December 11th I decided to update my pokemon x game to version 1.1 and my 2DS system software to the newest (which is 7.0.0). I began playing pokemon x after all the updates and the game began crashing whenever i would enter or exit a building (no pokemon center for you). The game would either bring up a message saying that the game had ended unexpectedly or just freeze. This happened about 10 times consecutively. I decided why dont I start a new game my save file must be corrupted or something. I didnt even get that far in the game a new game wont be so bad. So I made a new game and now it consistently crashes after I chose my first pokemon. I called nintedo customer support for north america and they told me I would have to send it to nintendo for repairs. They sent me an email (that I am still waiting for) that will have the prepaid postage so that I can take it to a ups store and have it sent to nintendo for repairs.

Now my question to you guys I am just unlucky and have a faulty system end of story.
Or did updating the game and system firmware have something to do with it?
Let me know what you think.

User Info: LethalX08

LethalX08
3 years ago#2
Sounds more like the download is corrupted somehow meaning you would need to delete it & redownload.

However it could also be a faulty system & seeing as it's in warranty & you've contacted nintendo, i'd personally go down that route just to be 100% sure.
3DS: 1504/5682/1682 PSN: LethalX08 Steam: lethalx08 Playing: LoZ ALBW, Sonic Generations 3DS, Dishonored. http://backloggery.com/lethalx08

User Info: Kureno

Kureno
3 years ago#3
You could have a faulty download of X. You should delete and redownload the game and see if that fixes it.
Loading new signature. Please wait.

mastermeech
3 years ago#4
I cannot believe that I forgot to mention that I already used the fix software feature on nintendo's e-shop. The fix software report results showed that my game was fine but that if I wanted to I could re install the game. So i re-installed the game and it still crashes. I even said well maybe my SD card is faulty. I took out a new SDCard downloaded pokemon X version 1.0 (I can still update to 1.1 it if I want). I ran the game off of the new SD card and same problem.

User Info: Kureno

Kureno
3 years ago#5
Well, that is most puzzling then. I reckon sending it in might be your only recourse. Sorry, bruv.
Loading new signature. Please wait.

User Info: Playsaver

Playsaver
3 years ago#6
How big is the memory card in the 2ds? Maybe the patch took a bit too much room on the card.

mastermeech
3 years ago#7
The 2ds comes with a 4gb memory card. The game Pokemon x is surprisingly not that big of a file. Its about 1.7gb. It appeared that the game was able to fit on my 2 gigabyte SD card (the 2gb SD card was the second SD card I used)

User Info: furygods

furygods
3 years ago#8
The eshop is a little buggy at the moment.
Ass Fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3QO0z7Vgwvo#t=78 , Funniest Manga: Oretama.

mastermeech
3 years ago#9
On December 12 2013 Nintendo released a new patch 1.2 for Pokemon x and y. Now my digital copy of Pokemon x runs smoothly.

User Info: Playsaver

Playsaver
3 years ago#10
mastermeech posted...
On December 12 2013 Nintendo released a new patch 1.2 for Pokemon x and y. Now my digital copy of Pokemon x runs smoothly.

Happy to hear that helped. I was worried when I downloaded that new patch I'd end up with your problem. It would seem that it was probably a fix for your 2ds problem though.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Digital Copy of Pokemon X not working on 2DS

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived