Fire Emblem or Pokemon

#1go_bucs22Posted 12/26/2013 11:56:05 AM
I got some money for Christmas and getting ready to head to Best Buy. I was wanting to get a new 3DS game. It is between Pokémon and Fire Emblem. I am seeing they each are getting excellent reviews so I thought I would look more into them. I have never played any game in either of the series. Would this Pokemon and/or Fire Emblem be okay for me to start off with? Easy to pick up and understand for a new comer? In your opinion which game has the overall better gameplay? Thanks everyone for helping me out.
#2ACx7Posted 12/26/2013 12:33:16 PM
Both of these games are perfect entry points for newcomers. Both of them offer fantastic gameplay and nice looking graphics. Both are easy to get in to and control. Fire Emblem has the better story and Pokemon has more replay value if you intend on training a team and battling online.

Fire Emblem if you want the better story.(Replay ability comes from paid DLC and repeating the story on different difficulties.)
Pokemon if story isn't as important as gameplay and replayability. (Not saying the Pokemon story is bad. Just not as good as the Fire Emblem one.)

You honestly can't go wrong with either. You'll want to try them both at some point.
#3-PEves-Posted 12/26/2013 12:44:45 PM
Pokemon! This is no contest! X and Y are the best pokemon games in the series in my opinion and I have played them all. They do lack a bit of content after beating the elite four but the games are very user friendly and fun throughout. They have a fantastic wifi system that works really nicely for trading and battling people on the fly. You can interact with people all over the world at any given time not only in pokemon centers. There are new powers that you can use called O-Powers that you use to buff yourself and other people. They can increase your xp gain for 3 minutes or increase your prize money or even heal your pokemon. It also much use of breeding a lot more as you can only catch second forms of many of the pokemon so you have breed them to get their first forms which I thought was quite interesting as well.
#4MozzilPosted 12/26/2013 12:48:38 PM
They completely removed the challange out of Pokemon while FE is pretty challenging, If you never played FE get that, if you played Pokemon you really aren't missing out on much, seeing they're likely to add another game in with improvements, (D/P,PLT)... Black and White 2...
---
Pic of the Day..... [3DS FC 5412-9912-6327 NNID: Mozill]
#5Unown_201Posted 12/26/2013 12:57:58 PM
They are both great so it is difficult to choose, but I guess I would have to go with Fire Emblem.

As someone else said, probably best to wait and see if a Pokemon Z is released if you can't get both now.

Both are worth getting though, so either way you will get a great game.
---
"Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
#6eddystolemynamePosted 12/26/2013 1:03:24 PM
Get Fire Emblem, wait for Pokemon Z.
#7SUPER3METROIDXPosted 12/26/2013 1:03:39 PM
I would recommend Fire emblem, feels much more polished with lots of content and replayability due to the nature of the game. Gameplay is great with lots of mechanics, and having ease of use while still having a good challenge. Story is better and I'd say the graphics are as well.
Pokemon is well, pokemon. They'll probably have a z version anyways so might as well wait for that.
#8MisoSoup27Posted 12/26/2013 1:24:27 PM
Mozzil posted...
They completely removed the challange out of Pokemon while FE is pretty challenging, If you never played FE get that, if you played Pokemon you really aren't missing out on much, seeing they're likely to add another game in with improvements, (D/P,PLT)... Black and White 2...

Okay, so tell me when Pokemon was ever challenging? Nobody plays Pokemon to be challenged. They play it to build a team of new Pokemon an battle other trainers.
---
XBL: Maniac MisoSoup
PSN: windtile27
#9Phoenix6000Posted 12/26/2013 1:31:56 PM
MisoSoup27 posted...

Okay, so tell me when Pokemon was ever challenging? Nobody plays Pokemon to be challenged. They play it to build a team of new Pokemon an battle other trainers.

Ever hear of Nuzlocke or battle facilities? You'd be surprised how many people play for the self-imposed challenge.
---
3DS FC (Phoenix): 3239-2433-5764 (Ice Safari: Snover, Sneasel & Dewgong)
Black 2 FC: 3182-3983-9645
#10jsin510Posted 12/26/2013 1:33:57 PM
Get Fire Emblem then get pokemon Z when it comes out?