Forgot my Network ID? How do I get it ?

#1A_HollowPosted 12/29/2013 11:41:14 AM
I know my Nintendo Club account and password, but have no Idea what my Network ID is (I unlinked it before)

I basically lost all my downloaded games like Zelda and Mario. So I want to get them back by linking it, but have no idea what my ID was...

Any advice?
#2Tzuba12Posted 12/29/2013 11:44:20 AM
Why did you do that? Your stuff is gone now. Better call Nintendo.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059/NNID: Tzuba12
Steam:Tzuba
#3A_Hollow(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2013 11:46:19 AM
Tzuba12 posted...
Why did you do that? Your stuff is gone now. Better call Nintendo.

Seriously? I thought they'd have a section where I can re-download my games? I mean I still have the same 3DS XL and the same account?
#4Baha05Posted 12/29/2013 11:49:16 AM
You could try to contact Nintendo and give them you Club Nintendo and Email for your Nintendo ID. I don't think Unlinking will have you lose your games, it's if you Delete the Nintendo ID that screws you over
---
"the problem is you won't know that when the year is up. so you can't exactly cancel it until it's too late." Someone without a calender
#5A_Hollow(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2013 11:55:50 AM
Baha05 posted...
You could try to contact Nintendo and give them you Club Nintendo and Email for your Nintendo ID. I don't think Unlinking will have you lose your games, it's if you Delete the Nintendo ID that screws you over

Blast! I thought unlinking it would simply unconnect my account and I could re-connect it anytime, Nintendo is so ancient with their networking, I'm mad.
#6sunny_red51Posted 12/29/2013 12:12:54 PM
Did you try reentering the NNID on your 3DS under System Settings? There should be an option for "Forgot Password." If you just unlinked the NNID, you should be able to use it again on the same 3DS, unless you created a new one for that NNID.

If you actually deleted the NNID, though, I don't think you can get it back and your e-shop account was tied to that NNID (even for stuff you purchased before you created the NNID), so you probably lost the account. If you call Nintendo, though, they might be able to get you your stuff back.

How to Delete an NNID (from Nintendo of America's Support page):
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2224/p/430/c/495/session/L3RpbWUvMTM4ODM0MjczNC9zaWQveHJ6UUsySmw%3D

According to that page, there should have been a message notifying you that you'll lose your e-shop data. Did you get such a message?
#7Baha05Posted 12/29/2013 12:14:26 PM
A_Hollow posted...
Blast! I thought unlinking it would simply unconnect my account and I could re-connect it anytime, Nintendo is so ancient with their networking, I'm mad.

Well why the hell did you even unconnect your account in the first place? Plus I'm pretty sure the Nintendo ID or Miiverse Update warned people of this.
---
"the problem is you won't know that when the year is up. so you can't exactly cancel it until it's too late." Someone without a calender
#8A_Hollow(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2013 9:41:58 AM
Baha05 posted...
A_Hollow posted...

Well why the hell did you even unconnect your account in the first place? Plus I'm pretty sure the Nintendo ID or Miiverse Update warned people of this.

I have more than one account. It;s ridiculous that they delete all your stuff, I literally joined the Nintendo ID crap once I purchased Zelda because the only way I could download the Free Mario game was to join the NNID. I hate nintendo now
#9kabutokoujiPosted 12/30/2013 10:08:19 AM
nope, just tried it, you get a warning saying that if you unlink you will lose all software and there is no way to recover it. if you been warned before unlinking it, what possess you to continue and unlink it.

what I think is you tried to unlink it from one 3DS and tried to link it to another and try if it works to be the first doing that and it didn't go the way you wanted so you got mad and came to forums to complain about Nintendo. even though you had been warned.
#10kabutokoujiPosted 12/30/2013 10:11:33 AM
yeah, I blame others for my own stupidity but that's no excuse for the hate.