Is it me or the eshop really limited in other countries

#1Flamer_BluePosted 1/6/2014 6:06:00 PM
I am out of the US and trying the eshop. To my surprise there are no demos here nor games to buy.
---
PSN: Malakius
#2the_rowanPosted 1/6/2014 6:11:00 PM
The 3DS is region locked. You aren't seeing anything because you're using your 3DS in a different region than its native one. The servers there only host titles that can't be played on your 3DS without hacking to remove the region lock, so it won't let you purchase anything.

Unless you're in Canada or somewhere else in the same region, or you're on a different 3DS native to the region you're in, in which case I have no clue.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#3esoteric42Posted 1/6/2014 9:22:09 PM
The eShop is really limited in the US.

The Japanese eShop is MUCH better.

And when I say much better, they actually list all of their games rather than hide some away for some unknown reason.

I guess it's to give the search function more use.

But yeah, the 3DS is region locked, so if you could get a wifi signal on a different planet, you'd still be looking at the same eShop that your 3DS is region locked to.
---
Let Nintendo know what you think!
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/webform/
#4Primum_MobilePosted 1/6/2014 9:46:24 PM
eshop is crap everywhere except in JP, US, and EU, in that order.

Also, your location shouldn't matter for accessing eshop. A NA 3DS set in the US region will always access the US eshop, no matter where. I know because I just accessed US eshop last night when i am located in SE asia.
So i can only assume TC means he bought a different region 3DS or set his region to somewhere else.
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
#5the_rowanPosted 1/6/2014 9:50:30 PM
Primum_Mobile posted...
eshop is crap everywhere except in JP, US, and EU, in that order.

Also, your location shouldn't matter for accessing eshop. A NA 3DS set in the US region will always access the US eshop, no matter where. I know because I just accessed US eshop last night when i am located in SE asia.
So i can only assume TC means he bought a different region 3DS or set his region to somewhere else.

Oh, is that so? I had guessed it was looking at the IP addresses he connected through, determined he was outside of his supported region, and gave him a dumbed-down version of the shop. But if it connects you to your region's server anyway, then it must be a different 3DS.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#6tommy vercetti 2Posted 1/7/2014 12:14:53 AM
I live it SE Asia, and everyone here who owns a 3DS (including me) set their country to United State because of this.
---
"Every story must have an ending," Auron
"How do you prove that you exist, maybe we don't exist," Vivi
#7lambchipsPosted 1/7/2014 12:17:29 AM
Eu is slightly better than the US store atm because we have SMB3
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#8Tzuba12Posted 1/7/2014 5:47:37 AM
lambchips posted...
Eu is slightly better than the US store atm because we have SMB3

Yeah one really old game does not make it better.

We have all the Atlus games.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059/NNID: Tzuba12
Steam:Tzuba
#9IrateGameFAQerPosted 1/7/2014 5:51:44 AM
the_rowan posted...

Oh, is that so? I had guessed it was looking at the IP addresses he connected through, determined he was outside of his supported region, and gave him a dumbed-down version of the shop. But if it connects you to your region's server anyway, then it must be a different 3DS.

LMAO wow. talk about not knowing how things work. SMH
---
#1 Chris Bores fan!