Which game to tide me over until BD?

#1dudupupuPosted 1/6/2014 7:37:39 PM
First of all, I own both. I just need help deciding which to play before Bravely Default releases in a month.

1) Etrian Odyssey Untold Millennium - have started playing; I like it, but it's REALLY grindy. I haven't even killed Fenrir yet (5th floor), but it seems like it takes FOREVER to level up.

2) Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - have heard nothing but awesome things about this; seems a bit more "fun" and less grindy.

Well? Which and why?
---
Jesus the Christ - the perpetual novelty through which humankind can remain constantly challenged to think, love, and, ultimately, LIVE. We are born dead.
#21upsuperPosted 1/6/2014 7:43:59 PM
Both are good games, but I have to say Etrian Odyssey. It's truly a wonderful game series, and one of my all time favorites. EOU:tMG will last you much longer as well.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/1upsuper
Official Frost Five of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#3Dragonflame323Posted 1/6/2014 7:45:34 PM
Probably Dream Team just because I think it would be easier to beat before the month is over. I know it took me some months to beat EOIV and that was with me being really into it. I can imagine MG would be the same (for me at least).
---
Zero gravity...what's it like..?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oalaO2o5YF8
#4XashowdPosted 1/6/2014 7:55:49 PM
I've only played one of those, so I can only give my opinions on EOU. Overall, I thought it was a great game, and I did get enjoyment out of the main game and the character building. Don't know if it'll tide you for a month, especially if you don't like grinding...which brings me to why I ended up putting it down. Story's Great, Sountrack is ear candy, and the exploration was fun, but late in the post game I realized I would have to start grinding to beat the superboss. Level grinding I can do...the luck-based Grimoire grinding not so much, especially those elusive King Grimoires. I will probably never beat Primevil simply because I do not want to grind something luck-based, as the RNG will screw me over more often than not. The horrors of the 6th Stratum are also crazy...if you ever see a golden bipedal dragon down there and it happens to be a rare breed...RUN. Use your Ariadne thread if you must, the extra EXP is not worth the trouble, and similar amounts can be found elsewhere.

As for Dream Team, I haven't played the full game, just the demo, but it's gotten pretty good fan reception, and does seem more focused on fun. If EOU's not holding up for you, then go for that.

Then there's the last option...you could always just play both, switching it up as you go along. Would take up more time as you (and the rest of us) await Bravely Default.
---
I am Xashowd, the Nocturne Zephyr! ACNL Dream Address: 4800-3072-7421 Elysion.
3DS FC: 3695-0746-1582. Xashowd. PM me if you add me.
#5Reverted_PikkonPosted 1/6/2014 8:02:54 PM
I have been playing The 4 Heroes of Light, as I have never played it before, and it's so much like BD that it honestly feels like a prequel to it.
---
3DS, Vita, Wii U and PS4 owner.
2/3 of next gen down so far.
#6XashowdPosted 1/6/2014 8:10:42 PM
Reverted_Pikkon posted...
I have been playing The 4 Heroes of Light, as I have never played it before, and it's so much like BD that it honestly feels like a prequel to it.

Which is interesting, because I often hear that BD is the spiritual successor to 4HoL. Never played the latter, but I'm very much looking forward to the former.
---
I am Xashowd, the Nocturne Zephyr! ACNL Dream Address: 4800-3072-7421 Elysion.
3DS FC: 3695-0746-1582. Xashowd. PM me if you add me.