Great games you've played that has a protagonist you despise or cannot stand

#271Zecon203Posted 1/11/2014 4:29:57 AM
I'd have to say Link. Loved ALBW but hated most games he was in except the original LoZ. Lets face it the kid has no personality in any of his games, even Ravio has more personality than Link and that's saying something. So to me he's the most unlikable hero.
#272dolphinmagePosted 1/11/2014 9:40:43 AM
Baha05 posted...
Kaliesto posted...
I get what's up here. You like the things he does for people, but not his personality, weaknesses in his armor, etc. Baha? (or am'I wrong on that, correct me if so)

I do find his deeds outweigh the bad as well. He truly isn't a terrible character if you compare him to S04's main character just for the sake of comparison. Also being inherently a hero at the end. Let's also be glad he isn't Kratos from GOW...though that's a extreme example I pointed out.

Again while I didn't list all of the issues, he's just really grating for a flawed character. Hell even Terra wasn't that bad and Terra was the worst of the three in BBS.

You think he's worse than KH Terra? But Terra was a complete wreck! He reminded me far too much of prequel Star Wars Anakin and that is by no means a good thing. He was moody, self-centered, and completely ineffectual at helping anyone. I don't see how he even managed to be picked to train as a keyblade master in the first place when he doesn't seem to have any of the qualities you'd think one would need.
#273Kyle_KlimPosted 1/11/2014 10:01:43 AM
Leo from Zone of the Enders 1.
#274Baha05Posted 1/11/2014 10:45:24 AM
dolphinmage posted...
You think he's worse than KH Terra? But Terra was a complete wreck! He reminded me far too much of prequel Star Wars Anakin and that is by no means a good thing. He was moody, self-centered, and completely ineffectual at helping anyone. I don't see how he even managed to be picked to train as a keyblade master in the first place when he doesn't seem to have any of the qualities you'd think one would need.

Oh I know I'm not the only one that sees Terra as Anakin but he still comes off more like Anakin lite. Yeah Terra is still a stupid jerk but he didn't whine like Tidus did
---
"Zelda is THE original RPG." Error1355 (Moderator)
#275dolphinmagePosted 1/11/2014 11:12:45 AM
Baha05 posted...
dolphinmage posted...

Oh I know I'm not the only one that sees Terra as Anakin but he still comes off more like Anakin lite. Yeah Terra is still a stupid jerk but he didn't whine like Tidus did

Terra's behavior is basically the non-verbal equivalent of whining. Or is that your distinguishing factor between bearable and intolerable?
#276themegaman7Posted 1/11/2014 11:30:37 AM
Vagrant Story, Ashley. The character's personality and such are okay, but the character design is one of the ugliest I've ever seen, especially on a japanese game.
---
3DS FC: 0817-3836-3544 - PSN: Expa0
- NISSAN > ICE CAR -