Would you trust Square Enix to make a Fire Emblem game on the 3DS?

#17lightsXIIIPosted 1/11/2014 7:47:38 PM
Yay or Nay? - Results (188 votes)
Yay.
15.96% (30 votes)
Nay.
68.62% (129 votes)
Yay if some of those things changed.
3.72% (7 votes)
It depends...
11.7% (22 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Let's say that Nintendo asked Square Enix to make a FE game on the 3DS after the success of Bravely Default.
It will be a sequel to Awakening (All of your pairings and save data will carry over to the sequel.) It will use the same battle system from Bravely Default.

3rd and 4th Generation characters will be introduced. The first generation characters like MU, Chrom, Lissa, etc won't appear but will still be mentioned several times. 2nd generation would appear through.

Yay or Nay?
---
...In a Sexual way...
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle is confirmed for a western release in 2014! HYPEEEEEEEE!
#2Rick Rack RooPosted 1/11/2014 7:48:06 PM
No. That would be horrible.
---
Vanee Par Sir!
#3Pork_buttonmashPosted 1/11/2014 7:50:42 PM
SE?! The masters of tactical rpgs?! YES! YES! YES! I would sooo buy a FE game if they were given the opportunity.
---
The only sane member on the 3DS board.
#4ALinkAlonePosted 1/11/2014 7:51:05 PM
I wouldn't trust SE to make me a sandwich, let alone a Fire Emblem game.
#57lightsXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2014 7:51:39 PM
Rick Rack Roo posted...

Damn, even if Bravely Default is one of the most hyped games on here, you guys still don't SE touching of Nintendo's RPG'S.
---
...In a Sexual way...
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle is confirmed for a western release in 2014! HYPEEEEEEEE!
#6Gamemaster64Posted 1/11/2014 7:51:57 PM
They make it and then won't release it overseas.
---
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.
3DS- 3308-4618-5127
#7Rick Rack RooPosted 1/11/2014 7:57:24 PM
I liked SMRPG but it just would seem off for Fire Emblem to do it. It'd feel like Suikoden or something with some Myriad characters (each with personality) and with a job system... It'd seem cluttered IMO.
---
Vanee Par Sir!
#8middays_deepPosted 1/11/2014 8:06:07 PM
Nah.

I can't help but feel they'll turn it into FF: Tactics. Not that there's anything wrong with FFT. No, ofcourse not. It's fine to like FFT. Absolutely. I know a bunch of people that like FFT. My father likes FFT.
---
Nintendo Network ID: DeCrown_Juls
Golden Rule
#9OoSubaruoOPosted 1/11/2014 8:14:57 PM
7lightsXIII posted...
Rick Rack Roo posted...

Damn, even if Bravely Default is one of the most hyped games on here, you guys still don't SE touching of Nintendo's RPG'S.

Bravely Default is made by Silicon Studios, Square-Enix just published it.
---
The official Genbu of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#10Koi_TenchiPosted 1/11/2014 8:17:09 PM
The thread title and OP are asking completely different questions...

I could take or leave Square Enix making a Fire Emblem game, but FE:A should in no way have a sequel. It's a great standalone game with a few things that could be improved upon, but a sequel would just be milking the world and plot way too much, and the way that you wrote it out, it seems it would focus on some of the worst parts of FE:A.
---
It's a secret to everybody.