Bravely Default vs Fire Emblem Awakening?

#1PowBlocksPosted 1/13/2014 11:58:50 AM
Which of the top JRPGs on the system is better? I loved FE Awakening but can't play Bravely Default yet.. Not out in NA =(
---
2014 - Year of Nintendo - WiiU Master Race
http://i.imgur.com/BeloBqv.gif
#2nazacuckooPosted 1/13/2014 12:03:24 PM
I prefer Bravely Default. I loved both, but Bravely Default just barely beats Fire Emblem.
The thing I loved most about Bravely Default was the class system, which lets you mix and match classes and abilities.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: NazaCageRatt
"Sigh. Why do the big ones always have to show up at the very end."
#3gldooriiPosted 1/13/2014 12:03:55 PM
I think it really depends on which style of gameplay you want since FE is a tactics game.
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix
#4RX02BansheePosted 1/13/2014 12:05:30 PM
FE isn't a JRPG. But ignoring that I'd give it to BDFF tho, because I just think it's better in most aspects. Music was masterfully composed by Revo, story while cliche isn't as blegh as FEA's, and the gameplay when it got tough imo pushed me more than FEA did.
---
The Zelda Games are not RPGs
#5ExtraspectrePosted 1/13/2014 12:36:13 PM
Is BD's combat system "standard fare" for jrpgs or does is have any interesting twists?
---
Gamefaqs: The most passive aggressive place on the internet.
#6x_stevey_xPosted 1/13/2014 12:44:39 PM
a lot of people will say BD because it's new , just keep that in mind
#7LeanaunfurledPosted 1/13/2014 12:44:52 PM
No clue why people keep comparing those two, they're nothing alike. I got more enjoyment from BD.
---
Currently Playing: Bravely Default, Monster Hunter 4
3DS FC: 2707-2560-1312 JPN FC 1907-9095-4490
#8OoSubaruoOPosted 1/13/2014 1:46:13 PM
Leanaunfurled posted...
No clue why people keep comparing those two, they're nothing alike. I got more enjoyment from BD.

People on this board constantly compare different genres to each other. I never understood why they do this myself.
---
The official Genbu of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#9bobobojPosted 1/13/2014 1:49:53 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
Leanaunfurled posted...

People on this board constantly compare different genres to each other. I never understood why they do this myself.

A more appropriate battle would be Shin Megami Tensei IV vs Bravely Default. They are both old school RPGs at heart. That both have turn based combat system. You also change your demons/job to fit the situation.
---
A good game will never die, just multiply.
#10ReretReretovicPosted 1/13/2014 2:12:10 PM
I will go against the flow here and admit I did not like Bravely Default, from what I've played of the demo, mind. Too cutesy for my liking and the battles seemed to drag on, a bit. Somehow reminded me of the Four Heroes of Light (sic) an older DS game.
So I'd defo pick Fire Emblem, but just because I enjoyed 2 GBA games of this series in the past. I'd say it's an acquired taste though, kinda one of its kind in this genre (perma-death anyone?).
So yeah, FE it is.