Bravely Default vs Fire Emblem Awakening?

#11bobobojPosted 1/13/2014 2:15:37 PM
ReretReretovic posted...
. Somehow reminded me of the Four Heroes of Light (sic) an older DS game.

It is the sequel to that game But different development teams. Some people on the forums said they where nothing alike. That's disappointing to hear that there is some remnants of that abysmal game in BD.
---
A good game will never die, just multiply.
#12LeanaunfurledPosted 1/13/2014 2:34:59 PM
boboboj posted...
It is the sequel to that game

No it isn't.
---
Currently Playing: Bravely Default, Monster Hunter 4
3DS FC: 2707-2560-1312 JPN FC 1907-9095-4490
#13nazacuckooPosted 1/13/2014 2:40:09 PM
ReretReretovic posted...
I will go against the flow here and admit I did not like Bravely Default, from what I've played of the demo, mind. Too cutesy for my liking and the battles seemed to drag on, a bit. Somehow reminded me of the Four Heroes of Light (sic) an older DS game.
So I'd defo pick Fire Emblem, but just because I enjoyed 2 GBA games of this series in the past. I'd say it's an acquired taste though, kinda one of its kind in this genre (perma-death anyone?).
So yeah, FE it is.

Please, please don't judge the game from the demo alone.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: NazaCageRatt
"Sigh. Why do the big ones always have to show up at the very end."
#14bobobojPosted 1/13/2014 2:47:44 PM
Leanaunfurled posted...
boboboj posted...
It is the sequel to that game

No it isn't.

Spiritual successor same difference.
---
A good game will never die, just multiply.
#15tallgeeseIVPosted 1/13/2014 5:33:53 PM
Extraspectre posted...
Is BD's combat system "standard fare" for jrpgs or does is have any interesting twists?

It is pretty standard old-school FF style for the most part but with the exception of the ability to manipulate your turns.
---
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/9742/fodderkg8.png
-_-'
#16SlaynPosted 1/13/2014 5:39:28 PM
I didn't think the combat system of defend and use turns would be interesting, but it is. You might have to "default" and save up turns, waiting for that huge attack that can wipe out your team. Then you "bravely" use up all your turns, maximizing your attacks. Generally buffs might only last one turn, so you buff up your attacks and go hog wild on the boss.
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
#17HaloFan3000Posted 1/13/2014 8:27:35 PM
I tried the BD demo and couldn't figure out what the hell was going on and how to actually play the damn thing... .>_>. FE on the other hand was really easy for me to pick up and play so I like that one better.
---
GTA:V's single player is bad and you should feel bad for supporting it.
#18TalesOfGodPosted 1/13/2014 8:40:32 PM
FE Awakening is much better in pretty much every way (except for music).

Also, Tiki.
#19ReretReretovicPosted 1/14/2014 3:23:36 AM
nazacuckoo posted...
ReretReretovic posted...
I will go against the flow here and admit I did not like Bravely Default, from what I've played of the demo, mind. Too cutesy for my liking and the battles seemed to drag on, a bit. Somehow reminded me of the Four Heroes of Light (sic) an older DS game.
So I'd defo pick Fire Emblem, but just because I enjoyed 2 GBA games of this series in the past. I'd say it's an acquired taste though, kinda one of its kind in this genre (perma-death anyone?).
So yeah, FE it is.

Please, please don't judge the game from the demo alone.

Of course I will, that's what demos are for. Not all demos, but this one is imho fairly representative of the complete product. I can taste the visuals, character art, music, battle system, what more do I need to decide whether or not will this game enjoyable for me? I couldn't care less about some silly JRPG drivel, I mean "story". I sincerely don't mean to hurt someone's feelings, I understand lots of people like this game, but it is not for me.