Confused about System Transfer. Please help!!

#1TyrantLowKeyPosted 1/13/2014 12:28:24 PM
Hi I own a 3DS XL that I have been using for DLC downloads and such. It's also tied to my main Club Nintendo account. I am also getting a 3DS XL Mario And Luigi Bundle and I want to put that game on my Original 3DS XL. Now my question is does that delete the DLC from my original 3DS XL? Also how hard is the process and do I need any equipment for the transfer (like a cable?). Thanks.
---
All time favs: FFX Int., FFXIII, Shadow Heart Series, SMT: Nocturne, SMT IV, ToS, ToGF, TotA, ToX, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360), TO (PSP)
#2HugDaddyPosted 1/13/2014 12:39:22 PM
Post it on the sticky topic; you're more likely to get help:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/63530777

I can tell you that you won't need a cable, but you will have to have internet access and ample battery charge to do the transfer.
---
---------------------
My Colecovision is probably older than you...
#3TyrantLowKey(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2014 1:03:50 PM
So I know the new update allows you to sync your nintendo id and club nintendo to one place, I am wondering what that means for games. it says you have to transfer but it also mentions that you have swap out the SD card? did I read that wrong. If i transfer my Mario and Luigi XL, then the game transfers and I don't have to swap anything out of the new 3ds?
---
All time favs: FFX Int., FFXIII, Shadow Heart Series, SMT: Nocturne, SMT IV, ToS, ToGF, TotA, ToX, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360), TO (PSP)
#4TyrantLowKey(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2014 1:05:21 PM
nevermind. i guess you can use a computer for that. good to know.
---
#5TyrantLowKey(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2014 1:07:37 PM
Actually dont the games transfer over? So what exactly am I moving from the SD card that I might need from a new 3DS XL that doesn't have anything except the game on it?
---
#6TyrantLowKey(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2014 1:24:31 PM
Anyone?

I would appreciate any help. So I just want to move my Mario And Luigi (which doesn't have any account setup or anything) to my Old 3DS XL and am wondering if a System Transfer will do that without screwing anything up for the old 3DS (like DLC and such which is a pain to download). So do i transfer the SD Card data first? Or can I do that after the transfer? I am so confused. Please help. Thanks.
---
#7SalogyPosted 1/13/2014 1:28:55 PM
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/p/430/a_id/699
---
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs
#8TyrantLowKey(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2014 10:15:08 PM
Thanks. Do I lose anything on my old 3DS XL which I will continue using? Like my saves or anything? or DLC. Didn't talk much about that on that link. Thanks.
---
#9PortalneroPosted 1/13/2014 11:33:35 PM
Everything from your old 3DS will be sent to your new 3DS. You can't have some stuff on one and some stuff on the other
---
3DS FC - 1736-0416-8198
PSN Vita - PortalNero
#10TyrantLowKey(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2014 10:01:15 AM
Sorry what I meant was does my Target 3DS lose anything like DLC or downloaded games? I don't want to do it if it does. Also neither of my 3DS are linked to Nintendo Network ID. Is that a problem?
---