Transfer without a New System ?

#1Shifter1178Posted 1/18/2014 8:41:34 PM
Might seem odd, but I purchased a 2DS which turns out cramps my hand and so I want to replace it with a 3DS or 3DS Xl.

I am still able to return this 2DS to WalMart but I would like to do a transfer. Is there another method of tranferring without having the target system yet?

I am worried if I just go purchase a 3DS, do the transfer, then try to return the 2DS they may say it is not returnable (despite being told that it is) or that I can only receive a gift card, etc.
#2Baha05Posted 1/18/2014 8:42:19 PM
You need the system.
---
"Zelda is THE original RPG." Error1355 (Moderator)
#3Shifter1178(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2014 8:49:15 PM
Thanks, wasn't sure if there was some alternate method.

Guess I will have to risk buying new system, transferring, then taking the other back. Shouldn't be a problem as it was not used, is mint, all packaging and still within 15 days. But I don't want store credit, only cash.
#4Baha05Posted 1/18/2014 8:51:34 PM
What do you have on it?
---
"Zelda is THE original RPG." Error1355 (Moderator)
#5Shifter1178(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2014 9:55:06 PM(edited)
Not really a whole lot to be honest..it's new. Saves I am not worried (easy to transfer on an SD though) and just a linked Nintendo ID (that was new).

I guess mostly it's my Nintendo ID with the points I got from the 3 games I bought..which isn't a huge deal I guess?

Guess I could just format it and return/exchange it for the 3ds and create a new Nintendo ID?

Oh and all my games are physical copies so nothing digital on there. - I don't really intend to buy any games on eShop likely either...as I prefer physical copies..so I guess not reason to transfer really?
#6Tzuba12Posted 1/18/2014 11:23:52 PM
Shifter1178 posted...
Not really a whole lot to be honest..it's new. Saves I am not worried (easy to transfer on an SD though) and just a linked Nintendo ID (that was new).

I guess mostly it's my Nintendo ID with the points I got from the 3 games I bought..which isn't a huge deal I guess?

Guess I could just format it and return/exchange it for the 3ds and create a new Nintendo ID?

Oh and all my games are physical copies so nothing digital on there. - I don't really intend to buy any games on eShop likely either...as I prefer physical copies..so I guess not reason to transfer really?

Physical games don't save on the SD card, FYI.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059/NNID: Tzuba12
Steam:Tzuba
#7Shifter1178(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2014 12:06:40 AM
Tzuba12 posted...
Shifter1178 posted...

Physical games don't save on the SD card, FYI.

Ah..didn't know that..assumed any save games for games would be stored on the sd card.

So where are they stored? On the cart itself yeah?
#8The Blob2000Posted 1/19/2014 12:10:05 AM
Sounds like you have no real reason to transfer. I guess if you really like your NNID account name you could worry about doing one but if not then format it and return it for cash first.
---
Women just want to take your money and eat all your raisin bread.
Parking meters! And you're walking around! Ha ha ha That's so funny.
#9Shifter1178(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2014 12:19:20 AM
The Blob2000 posted...
Sounds like you have no real reason to transfer. I guess if you really like your NNID account name you could worry about doing one but if not then format it and return it for cash first.

Think I will do that...thanks for all the info. Haven't had a handheld in awhile so all this new stuff on the 3DS was new to me.