why does it seem like all the GREAT games are from Japan?

#1piccolo54Posted 1/20/2014 10:11:52 PM
i said great instead of good 'cuz all 3ds games are good!
---
---
Just call me AoRyu
#2furygodsPosted 1/20/2014 10:12:33 PM
Because Japan is the number one source of gaming.

It had been that way since the beginning of time.
---
Ass Fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3QO0z7Vgwvo#t=78 , Funniest Manga: Oretama.
#3Primum_MobilePosted 1/21/2014 1:53:34 AM
more like there are no western developed game on 3DS, period. I am having a hard time even coming up w/ 3DS games made by western developer. All that came to mind is EA stuff like shadow war and rayman... Any other ones?
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
#4sentoworfPosted 1/21/2014 1:59:46 AM
Primum_Mobile posted...
more like there are no western developed game on 3DS, period. I am having a hard time even coming up w/ 3DS games made by western developer. All that came to mind is EA stuff like shadow war and rayman... Any other ones?

Adventure Time?
---
3DS FC: 2578-4434-3850----Steel-----TSV:309
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#5yabPosted 1/21/2014 2:23:54 AM
and Mighty Switch Force.. also by Wayforward lol
and other indie stuff like VVVVVV, Gunman Clive etc
---
#6jovewolfPosted 1/21/2014 7:52:03 AM
Primum_Mobile posted...
All that came to mind is EA stuff like shadow war and rayman... Any other ones?

Except that neither of those games are published by EA? (They are both Ubisoft properties)

Already mentioned were Wayforward's games, and the Scribblenauts and Lego games are all western developed.

And besides that, I suppose it depends on your definition of "from Japan" - Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, for example, was developed by a Canadian company, and Sonc & All-Stars Racing was developed by a British company.
---
"Don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you."
#7mewmew42Posted 1/21/2014 8:08:27 AM
Because sushi taste good and healthy

Yet the wasabi is very hot it makes game developers brain go haywire so they can get creative
#8kabutokoujiPosted 1/21/2014 8:20:01 AM
mewmew42 posted...
Because sushi taste good and healthy

Yet the wasabi is very hot it makes game developers brain go haywire so they can get creative

wasabi to us is like Mayo for the white people, they put it on everything.
#9SoeroahPosted 1/21/2014 6:23:06 PM
Same reason indie games tend to be popular, they are different from the norm and are thus more appealing to certain people. When the perception is that most western games are shooters, getting something different from Japan feels unique, even though it's probably as common in Japan as shooters are in the west.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#10DreTam2000Posted 1/26/2014 7:28:44 PM
Americans trying to create a video game is almost like Americans trying to create anime.

Japan practically invented video games. The mathematics and geometry behind Japanese video games is part of what creates the challenge and the gameplay mechanic itself. American videogames seem to be something completely different. I'll trust a Canadian or European video game studio before I trust games made here in America. They have better imaginations and don't pander to lowest-common denominator economic tactics like our over-bloated capitalistic companies here do (same for movies and music industries).

In any case, want a good game, you're more likely to find it on the PS1, Genesis, GBA, SNES, DS, GBC, or NES (where everything was made by the Japanese). Want state-of-the-art graphics and minute, second-rate gameplay..? Look to western games.