Dream Team - your thoughts?

#1Nintendocore64Posted 1/22/2014 1:07:10 PM
I really wanted to like this game more than Superstar Saga, but I just couldn't. Though I like this more than BiS and PiT, there's just a lot of things that hold it back.

Tutorials. I know everyone says they're bad, but I won't hold back on complaining about them just because it's a common complaint. They really take you out of the experience, and this is one thing that is really deterring me from wanting to replay this game. Tutorials for new mechanics is fine, but most of these are really easy to figure out without a tutorial. It's the tutorials for simple mechanics that bug me the most, especially for series veterans. I get it - kids are a part of your target market, but at least make the tutorials skippable!

The Giant fights are also making me apprehensive about replaying this game. They're just so...frustrating. And potentially broken with the gyro controls. There was a subconscious sense of dread constantly when I played this game knowing that there was a giant fight just around the corner, and it stressed me out. The Zeekeeper and Giant Bowser fights are just a pain, and they're not fun, simple as that. Though production values are high for these fights, I'll give them that.

It's a shame really, I do enjoy a lot of aspects of this game. The art style really grew on me, I really like the artwork and how everything has a blue outline, I think the music is the best in the series, and I liked MOST of the bro moves. Still, I can't see myself replaying this any time soon.
---
3DS FC: - 0404 6384 7451
ACNL: Lefty of Termina
#2AnclationPosted 1/22/2014 1:09:02 PM
It's probably my favorite game in the series, closely followed by BIS (SS is my least favorite).
---
We Endorse The Creation of Majora's Mask 3D:
https://www.facebook.com/MajorasMaskNintendo3DS
#3nonexistingheroPosted 1/22/2014 2:05:10 PM
I don't like BiS that much. Too many focus on 2D sections. It's my least liked M&L game. I think the first is the best. Haven't played Dream Team yet though.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#4Dragonflame323Posted 1/22/2014 2:29:46 PM(edited)
A great game, perhaps a little too easy for my tastes, but maybe Hard mode'll remedy that. I'm neutral on the tutorials, which seemed to me to be on the same level as BiS anyhow, if not how the series has always been with them. I only thought the gyro was annoying in that final Giant fight segment, but for the rest of the game it was alright with me. Overall, probably my favorite game in the series as I loved the dream aspect.
---
Zero gravity...what's it like..?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oalaO2o5YF8
#5JKSonicPosted 1/22/2014 2:33:47 PM
This is my first "Brothers" game...shoot even out of the RPG's the one I played the most was the GC one and that was only a few others.

That being said, I loved what I played of it. I never finished yet but I'm sure I'll get back to it. Yeah the battles were pretty repetitive because of the small amount of moves (I played for over 15 hours I think...I can check later) but they were still pretty fun and the overworld/in level areas were different enough they were almost like two different games.
---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)
#6StephenYap3Posted 1/22/2014 2:44:57 PM
It isn't as good as Superstar Saga, but after playing it, it definitely washes away the disappointment the series gave me with Partners in Time and Bowser's Inside Story.

No generic abilities and traits between bros, no repetitive mandatory mini games, equipments that are actual improvements than being pants-only-increase-stats-and-accessories-only-grant-individual-effects, a badge system that is fully expanded from being an already-tacked-on beta feature, and so many things that Dream Team has improved upon the two predecessors. You have no idea how happy I was to play a Mario & Luigi game like this after 10 years.
---
Dr. Luigi!? Why not a Dr. Waluigi too!?
#7MorPosted 1/22/2014 5:53:39 PM
I bought it out of curiosity, hated it and couldn't force myself to play on. Too many tutorials. Like, tutorials stacked on tutorials.
---
#8BlabadonPosted 1/22/2014 6:16:02 PM
Question: Is there button mashing in this game?
---
Playing Virtue's Last Reward before 999? Don't. Please, for the sake of everything, don't. My crusade around the internet to spread this truth goes on.
#9zog79Posted 1/22/2014 6:57:39 PM
Mor posted...
I bought it out of curiosity, hated it and couldn't force myself to play on. Too many tutorials. Like, tutorials stacked on tutorials.

THIS.
21 hours in the game, i got enough, and sold it. I could not get into the game AT ALL because of this.
What a waste.
---
You should not waste your time reading this...
#10SirStivPosted 1/22/2014 7:03:06 PM
The story while decent, branches off onto other pointless tasks that can almost drone you into a dream of your own....

the game is 40hrs long but feels 120hrs. It's fun and all, has good animations and characters but it's a one-time play only for me.

and i found all the puzzle pieces and beans (stat increases).

There's no post game unless you like doing challenges and puzzles but still you start the game where u last left off so it's before the ending which is annoying.
---
[Animal Crossing New Leaf Dream Code] #7300-2267-4523