System update 7.1.0-15U

#21Sir_HaxorPosted 1/22/2014 9:02:32 PM
Tzuba12 posted...
Sir_Haxor posted...
iMURDAu posted...
Nintendo informs me about a game I've owned since it came out but it takes this message board for me to find out about a system update. sigh

To be fair this is just another flashcard update, which in itself is ridiculous considering new DS games aren't even in production.

If people were legitimately going to buy DS games, chances are they would be used meaning Nintendo and publishers wouldn't make any money anyway. They're wasting money creating patches that will be cracked in 24 hrs or less instead of developing cooler system features like menus or something.

People always assumed these a flashcart updates, but more often than not, they aren't.

This is one of those times. This update only worked on some stability issues with the network services. People on gbatemp have already confirmed this, and they're flashcarts are still working.

More often than not the updates are made to block flashcarts though, maybe not as the main function but they do.
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board
#22VipsoccermasterPosted 1/22/2014 9:02:58 PM
Lol DKU_Arich posted this? Way to go, man.

Yep, the usual update to enchance your experience.
---
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door Quiz-Master Badge
From Chaosmaster00's Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door Quiz (January 2008)
#23Tzuba12Posted 1/22/2014 9:04:56 PM
Sir_Haxor posted...
Tzuba12 posted...
Sir_Haxor posted...
iMURDAu posted...
Nintendo informs me about a game I've owned since it came out but it takes this message board for me to find out about a system update. sigh

To be fair this is just another flashcard update, which in itself is ridiculous considering new DS games aren't even in production.

If people were legitimately going to buy DS games, chances are they would be used meaning Nintendo and publishers wouldn't make any money anyway. They're wasting money creating patches that will be cracked in 24 hrs or less instead of developing cooler system features like menus or something.

People always assumed these a flashcart updates, but more often than not, they aren't.

This is one of those times. This update only worked on some stability issues with the network services. People on gbatemp have already confirmed this, and they're flashcarts are still working.

More often than not the updates are made to block flashcarts though, maybe not as the main function but they do.

Most of the updates we've gotten, especially lately, have done nothing to try to block flashcarts.

People just assume every update that has system stability as its reason, is an attempt to block them.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059/NNID: Tzuba12
Steam:Tzuba
#24Thunderbird8Posted 1/22/2014 11:56:38 PM
My system didn't auto-update (I only found out about it because I tried to go to the eShop to redownload a game that had become corrupted on my SD card), but when I went into the update straight from the eShop, the update itself took less than 10 seconds.
#25rush_tamPosted 1/23/2014 8:12:29 AM
I have the Zelda XL and I didn't get the "all new Zelda adventure" message. Anyone care to share the details?
---
Playing: Kirby's Epic Yarn / A Link Between Worlds / Pokemon X
FC: 4527-8763-5154
#26PlaysaverPosted 1/23/2014 1:32:38 PM
Maybe they blocked other peoples ability to brick the system.
#27nonexistingheroPosted 1/23/2014 4:04:51 PM
Tzuba12 posted...
Changelogs, nintendo. Use them.

Sony & MS don't do them either though. But yeah, it's annoying. When I have to do an update, at the very least I want to know some of stuff that's worth mentioning.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#28Thunderbird8Posted 1/23/2014 8:00:21 PM
If an update only takes 7 seconds to download and apply, there probably isn't anything worth mentioning.
#29game player sPosted 1/23/2014 8:10:59 PM
so64 posted...
Tzuba12 posted...
Changelogs, nintendo. Use them.

To be fair, they do have changelogs but you have to go to their website instead of appearing on the 3DS.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/667

Version 7.1.0-15U available via wireless Internet connection includes the following improvements:
Improved system stability and usability:

Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

How incredibly vague. Although, I do hope it fixes the sleep mode glitch that the prior update created.
---
Welcome To The Next Level---SEGA
http://www.segaforums.com/hosted/psoarchive/