Streetpass - Keep your 3DS Updated!

#11Mariofan15Posted 1/25/2014 11:31:28 PM
Whether or not your 3DS is updated has nothing to do with Streetpass. There's no proof those two things are even connected.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:1121-2453-7393
National Dex Completed:9/26/2013
#12Tzuba12Posted 1/25/2014 11:47:20 PM
game player s posted...
Tzuba12 posted...
Just because you're around just as many people, doesn't mean that you're guaranteed a street pass. Ever thought people just don't have their 3DS with them? You don't pass the same exact people every single day. There are about more reasons you aren't getting streepasses other than people just not updating their systems.

And those updates in November and December both required an update to miiverse plaza as well, which may have affected it somewhat. But this last one did not. I street passed my sister the on Thursday. I had just updated, but she hadn't updated until yesterday. Still worked.

Correction, those updates in November did effect it or were you not reading that which you so dutifully quoted. As for the update this past week, not a clue as to whether it had any effect on Streetpass, but all the same why chance it?

And you are correct, I don't encounter the same groups of people every single day. My point is that before the November update, even before the busy holiday season when kids were out of school for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the changing of the calender year holidays I had been averaging a far greater number of Streetpasses per week than I am now that Christmas has passed and tens of thousands more people own a 3DS than ever before. That seems remarkably odd and therefore is noteworthy to me, if you perceive my findings as being inadmissible than that is your prerogative to do so, as for me my opinion on this matter remains unchanged.

There's no opinion on the matter. You fail to understand the fact that just because you were getting a certain amount of streepasses before, doesn't mean you'll always be getting streepasses. There are many factors that go into why you aren't getting as many as before, such as maybe people aren't carrying around their systems as often, or maybe they turn their wireless switch off, or have their systems off entirely? Orrrrr, you just aren't in range of anybody to get a lot of streetpasses.

And actually, now that I think about it, there are some people who don't update their systems (due to flashcart compatibility) and still get streepasses. The only thing they won't get is relay point passes, as that requires an update to use the feature. Regular streepasses don't require your system to be up to date at all.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059/NNID: Tzuba12
Steam:Tzuba
#13iammaxhailmePosted 1/25/2014 11:49:32 PM
I was averaging about 12 streetpasses a day.

Then I graduated college and went back home.

Now I get none.

I knew I should have failed some classes. Then I'd still be getting streetpasses!
---
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax
#14UltitledPosted 1/26/2014 12:08:42 AM
If you want street passes, go to a theme park. I go to Disneyland quite a bit and get about 50-70 per visit.
---
PSN ID: OkamiHaley
3DS FC: 2509-2421-3310 (ACNL: Redbrook)
#15DBPanterAPosted 1/26/2014 12:54:48 AM
Another contributing factor:

I pretty much only use the street pass relay stations.

Where I live, the next Artic Plunge is heading our way. When it is cold, people are not out and about. When the wind chills are -40 to -50, most people stay inside and away from unnecessary travel. Throw in 2 days of snow this past week, and my regular street pass stations had 2/3 less Miis to grab....

Nintendo simply needs to do another one of those "Meet everyone" Street Pass weekend like they did in December, but wait until March when the temperatures slowly begin to rise......
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#16game player s(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2014 8:06:25 PM
Here I am trying to generate awareness that Streetpass simply doesn't work between updated and non-updated systems and the general reaction posts to my findings seem to be that of disbelief. If you don't care, that's your problem not mine so I shall request of you now to cease trolling this topic and giving out data in conflict of reality.
---
Welcome To The Next Level---SEGA
http://www.segaforums.com/hosted/psoarchive/
#17rahxephon122Posted 1/26/2014 9:28:05 PM
game player s posted...
Here I am trying to generate awareness that Streetpass simply doesn't work between updated and non-updated systems and the general reaction posts to my findings seem to be that of disbelief. If you don't care, that's your problem not mine so I shall request of you now to cease trolling this topic and giving out data in conflict of reality.

I have two 3DSes. I update my XL as soon as possible. I've intentionally not updated since the big update in the middle of the summer.
They still streetpass each other. Only problem is my un-updated 3DS doesn't show my Updated 3DS' mii wearing his hat in the plaza.

Again, one updated, one not updated. Still streetpass.

My brother's 3DS and 3DSXL also still streetpass me even though they haven't been updated since November.
---
Ich habe keinen Meister bis auf den Wind der Freiheit!
Friend Safari - Ghost: Phantump, Lampent, Spiritomb
#18game player s(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2014 8:53:33 PM
Very odd stuff for sure. Thanks for posting your own findings in detail.

Got together with family over both the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. At Thanksgiving two nephews present both had entirely non-updated 3DS's and were both able to Streetpass each other, but were unable to Streetpass with my updated 3DS, and vice-versa. One of the nephews opted to go ahead and update his 3DS and after doing so we successfully Streetpassed.

At Christmas get together, same two nephews, plus a third nephew, all had their 3DS's with them. One of the Nephews had done the December update (as had I) and we were able to Streetpass, the other nephew had done the November update, but was unable to Streetpass either of us, and the third nephew had a system which had never been updated and wouldn't Streetpass with anyone elses. And of course, the Nintendo 3DS system update servers were offline all afternoon on Christmas day so we never got the opportunity to get the other two 3DS's present then updated.

That was my experience.
---
Welcome To The Next Level---SEGA
http://www.segaforums.com/hosted/psoarchive/
#19The Bad GuyPosted 1/27/2014 8:59:50 PM
Mine's on 4.5.something and I have no intentions of updating it. But I also have no intentions of streetpassing (kinda unlikely another 3DS will come walking through my house to connect with mine)
#20ferofaxPosted 1/28/2014 12:43:27 AM
It would be sort of common sense to assume that an outdated 3DS wouldn't be able to receive new tags from an updated 3DS, seeing as that tag's content may not exist yet on the outdated 3DS.
---
Boomerang and RecoilDown+3 Evangelist