Why doesn't Nintendo put DS games on the eShop?

#1Megamushroom666Posted 1/28/2014 4:30:49 PM
Well, why not? They have a huge library of good DS games. Why not make them available for download?

Sony is working so hard to have comprehensive BC with their new PlayStation Now service, so it's disappointing that Nintendo doesn't put any effort into expanding its digital library. They're just sitting on so many great games and doing nothing to make them available. It's almost as if they're keeping the games to themselves.
#2kingdddPosted 1/28/2014 4:32:21 PM
because the 3DS is still backwards compatible with the original physical DS games. Most of the Sony Playstation games are not.
---
"Seeing is only just an impression, playing is believing." -Nintendo
#38bitgenPosted 1/28/2014 4:33:00 PM
Most are cheap and the 3DS is pretty much enhanced DS that plays DS games still. Gameboy titles can't be played on most DS or 3DS.
#4Justice98405Posted 1/28/2014 4:38:43 PM
LOL.

You ARE aware that the 3DS is a FULLY functioning DS, right?

There's no need. I get the idea of a really hard to find game being always up on the eShop, but there's just no point in the long run when the system literally IS a DS as well.

And if you can't find a game, eBay is a GREAT place to continue the search. I've bought a number of my DS games as used copies off eBay and never had a problem yet.
---
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#5Megamushroom666(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2014 4:45:25 PM
kingddd posted...
because the 3DS is still backwards compatible with the original physical DS games. Most of the Sony Playstation games are not.

So? I know a lot of people but DS games used at stores like GameStop. By making them available on the eShop they could get these sales.
#68bitgenPosted 1/28/2014 4:50:02 PM
If your going to dismiss the answer to your question then your better off asking nintendo than you us. We have given you the reason so up to you what to do with it.
#7Megamushroom666(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2014 5:09:33 PM
Justice98405 posted...
LOL.

You ARE aware that the 3DS is a FULLY functioning DS, right?

There's no need. I get the idea of a really hard to find game being always up on the eShop, but there's just no point in the long run when the system literally IS a DS as well.

And if you can't find a game, eBay is a GREAT place to continue the search. I've bought a number of my DS games as used copies off eBay and never had a problem yet.

Why is there no need again? 3DS games are available on the eShop, so why not DS games? By your logic there isn't a need for 3DS games on the eShop too. What does the fact that the 3DS is a fully functioning DS have to do with anything? This is just about expanding digital content to users, which is never a bad thing.
#88bitgenPosted 1/28/2014 5:11:35 PM
Again we gave the reason if you don't like it then drop it and contact Nintendo otherwise it will be clear it is trolling.
#9Megamushroom666(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2014 5:13:33 PM
8bitgen posted...
If your going to dismiss the answer to your question then your better off asking nintendo than you us. We have given you the reason so up to you what to do with it.

What answer? The 3DS can play physical DS games so there's no need to release any on the eShop? That's a terrible answer. The 3DS can play physical 3DS games yet some are available on the eShop.

If Nintendo had a DS section in the eShop that would be amazing. I'm sure many people would like to build up a digital collection of classic DS games on their 3DS.
#10LeanaunfurledPosted 1/28/2014 5:18:03 PM(edited)
Because it can play DS games so there's no need to have them be digital that's why there also aren't PS1 games on the PS3's PS--oh wait.

It's because Nintendo doesn't want easy money. No money for them, pain in the ass but cheaper for the most part for us. I for one would make heavy use of digital DS games.
---
Currently Playing: Tales of Xillia, Monster Hunter 4
3DS FC: 2707-2560-1312 JPN FC 1907-9095-4490