What Japanese game should I get?

#11yojojed(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2014 6:57:14 PM
nikowwf posted...
I liked Attack on Titan and the new Kirby game a lot. I also liked Toriko, the new one but I think that requires liking the anime. Do you like One Piece? The new one is fun.

How is the SnK game? I heard it was very quick time based and had weirdly curved difficulty and was glitchy, all of which are turn offs for a game.
#12Rayquaza487Posted 1/30/2014 7:07:02 PM
-The Inazuma Eleven Games (Currently my only 3DS games and some of my favorite games of all time)
-Kirby Triple Deluxe
-Fantasy Life (If you know enough Japanese)
-One Piece Unlimited Red
---
The Official Waddle Dee of EVERYTHING!!!
I'm going to delete my account if Ridley is CONFIRMED for SSB4! ;P
#13CuriCurryPosted 1/30/2014 9:07:40 PM
If you go for Fantasy Life, go for the LINK version as it's cheaper on eshop last time I checked. And there is a japanese wiki/guide for the game but google chrome helps clear a lot of things up.
---
NA 3DS FC: 0361-6567-5010 {City of Vale}
JPN 3DS FC: 4785-5041-4177
#14yojojed(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 6:46:32 PM
1upsuper posted...
Slime Morimori 3
Dragon Quest VII
DQM: Terry no Wonderland 3D
DQM2: Iru to Ruka 3D (comes out next week, so hype)
Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary
Puyo Puyo x Tetris
Tomodachi Collection

How easy would it be for an English speak with a fair amount of DQ experience to understand the Dragon Quest games?
#15nikowwfPosted 2/1/2014 7:04:57 AM
yojojed posted...
nikowwf posted...
I liked Attack on Titan and the new Kirby game a lot. I also liked Toriko, the new one but I think that requires liking the anime. Do you like One Piece? The new one is fun.

How is the SnK game? I heard it was very quick time based and had weirdly curved difficulty and was glitchy, all of which are turn offs for a game.

It's not glitchy and it's not Quick Time based really. To me QTE is "now hit X, now hit Y". What happens is you hit a target, and you are now flying toward it. While flying toward it you need to hit the X within the circle target in order to strike accurately. It's timing, but it's not QTE like GOW where you are fighting and all of a sudden it's PRESS X AND THEN O AND THEN ETC. It's within the flow.

People are really butthurt on that game for some reason. It's super fun. Much moreso if you like the source material. It's fast moving, it's tense (you can be cruising and something grabs you and everything goes to heck,). It's not polished though, do you remember a burning rangers, something like that? Where it was a bit fuzzy, it wasn't what it could be graphically, but it was just fun as hell to play. This is game is like that. Graphics are just ok, but playability, controls and overall gameplay are just really fun.