Mario + Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL quality?

#1Sailor GoonPosted 1/29/2014 8:29:47 PM
Anyone notice any faults on the quality on this model? I've been thinking of getting the xl and wanted this one, but I saw some user reviews on other sites talking about poor quality with the paint job ie. it scrapping off easily.
Anyone have this one and find any faults with it?
---
"A laptop is a handheld console" - LOL_FAQ
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#2The Top CrusaderPosted 1/29/2014 9:21:44 PM
I have one and haven't had any issues myself.
---
----
-----
#3robinhoekPosted 1/29/2014 9:24:08 PM(edited)
Roommate has one and it looks excellent. Feels as solid as my Zelda edition.
---
3DS FC: 4854-6451-5237
#4ShinobiKazePosted 1/29/2014 9:55:12 PM
I got the mario and luigi one for myself and the zelda gold edition for my girlfriend. I did also read about flaking with the silver edition around the camera and so far no issues. But I also did buy full body armor for my 3ds xl just cause I didn't want to get any scratches. The body armor actually made the silver edition look really polished which is really cool so thinking about doing the same with the gold one.

Either way since they are both paint jobs I think flaking will occur over time.
#5gildedgirthPosted 1/29/2014 10:10:12 PM
I heard worse stories about the Zelda 3DS XL model, which made me really hesitant to buy.

I went ahead and bought it, and it's been great. Dropped it a few times, too, and it's held up great.

So, my advice, get the Dream Team model if you like it. A friend of mine has it and hasn't complained once about it.

Sure, there'll be lemons every once in awhile, but if it was truly widespread, you'd see more than just an occasional complaint.

Look at the PS4 launch horror stories, and how overblown that was. All that hype about tons of faulty systems seems to have died downed, as it was just a small minority of systems that were affected.
#6Sailor Goon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2014 10:22:54 PM
cool thanks, now to just find a sale
---
#7pandoraorbPosted 1/29/2014 10:38:10 PM
Ebay is your friend...saw one a few hours ago for 175 which included shipping and of course no tax.
---
The Pandora's Box Trilogy--middle grade fantasy--BOOK THREE: FATE and REBIRTH out now!
#8SuperSuikodenPosted 1/30/2014 5:26:23 AM
The Top Crusader posted...
I have one and haven't had any issues myself.

---
1 line break(s), 160 characters allowed
#9Sailor Goon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2014 10:34:23 AM
pandoraorb posted...
Ebay is your friend...saw one a few hours ago for 175 which included shipping and of course no tax.

That's what I tried to do. But apparently people don't understand economics on ebay. I use ebay.ca and all systems are being sold above retail value. The bundles are absurd, people trying to sell the Pikachu one for $500 (especially when I can just go down the street to Shoppers Drug Mart and pick it up for $199). The cheapest used one I've seen was $180. Personally I dont think I'll have much luck there.
---
#10MastaMugenPosted 1/31/2014 9:43:20 AM
I just came over to this forum to let everyone know about this $180 on Walmart's website

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-3DS-XL-Silver-Mario-Luigi-Limited-Edition-Handheld/32372315