Oh, Nintendo...

#1scrubberprood21Posted 1/30/2014 8:21:10 AM
Seriously? DS games for Wii U on Virtual Console but not for 3DS? Are you guys completely out of your minds? DS games for Virtual Console was what fans wanted but not for the Wii U. They meant the 3DS. And just imagine how horrendous DS games would look on a normal TV... oh, Nintendo... I hope this is a rumor
---
#2DeathSnipe777Posted 1/30/2014 8:23:13 AM
Looks like someone forgot that the 3DS can already play DS games.

A DS VC for the 3DS would be like the WiiU having a Wii VC.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#3spealfan444Posted 1/30/2014 8:25:46 AM
It's not the 3DS can PLAY DS games already.
Also this is confirmed, no rumour here. Deal with it.
---
These boards are a creature of Chaos, they may take many incarnations.
3DS FC:0387-8824-4692 Friend Safari: Munna, Espurr, Gothorita.
#4este914Posted 1/30/2014 8:26:59 AM
Nintendo needs to try and bump up Wii U sales. This is a decent place to start.
---
~-> este914 <-~
Mind Over Matter.
#5EndgamePosted 1/30/2014 8:31:07 AM(edited)
DUR HUR HUR! 3DS CNA ALL RDY PALY DEE ESS GAEMS!1!11!11!111!!!1

.....the new rallying call of Nintendo fanboys that are completely missing the point

everyone knows 3DS can play DS games, just like everyone knows that Wii U is a new system and not a Wii accessory, you people get some crazy ideas to justify why people aren't just blindly following Nintendo and accepting all their braindead decisions

but 3DS cannot digitally download DS games, people want to play DS games on ther upgraded DS, not the console they're not going to buy (why would they? "system seller" SSB4's coming out for 3DS too!)

digital download is the new thing, Nintendo has somewhat embraced it while you guys really haven't (case in point: the whining about shortages of copies of Awakening when you could have downloaded it at midnight on release night for the same ****ing price)

it'd also be a great way for people to get access to some more rare DS games, rarity wouldn't be an issue anymore with the game available for everyone on one server

but what do I know? I'm just a filthy heathen who does not believe that Glorious Nintendo is perfect and that Iwata is a divine being
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#6scrubberprood21(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2014 8:32:21 AM
Endgame posted...
DUR HUR HUR! 3DS CNA ALL RDY PALY DEE ESS GAEMS!1!11!11!111!!!1

.....the new rallying call of Nintendo fanboys that are completely missing the point

everyone knows 3DS can play DS games, just like everyone knows that Wii U is a new system and not a Wii accessory, you people get some crazy ideas to justify why people aren't just blindly following Nintendo and accepting all their braindead decisions

but 3DS cannot digitally download DS games, people want to play DS games on ther upgraded DS, not the console they're not going to buy (why would they? "system seller" SSB4's coming out for 3DS too!)

digital download is the new thing, Nintendo has somewhat embraced it while you guys really haven't (case in point: the whining about shortages of copies of Awakening when you could have downloaded it at midnight on release night for the same ****ing price)

it'd also be a great way for people to get access to some more rare DS games, rarity wouldn't be an issue anymore with the game available for everyone on one server

but what do I know? I'm just a filthy heathen who does not believe that Glorious Nintendo is perfect and that Iwata is a divine being

This is how I feel.
---
#7SolarFlareKCPosted 1/30/2014 8:34:30 AM
I understand that the 3DS can play DS games, but here is the thing, I don't want to lug my DS collection around with me. I travel a lot and would much rather have a downloaded DS collection that I can keep on one SD card than a second case to hold all my DS game carts. It is just more convenient. I can see it making more sense if Nintendo announced DS VC for both, but just for one and the one being the Wii U, forget about it. I will continue buying used carts that they see no profit from.
#8este914Posted 1/30/2014 8:36:21 AM
SolarFlareKC posted...
I understand that the 3DS can play DS games, but here is the thing, I don't want to lug my DS collection around with me. I travel a lot and would much rather have a downloaded DS collection that I can keep on one SD card than a second case to hold all my DS game carts. It is just more convenient. I can see it making more sense if Nintendo announced DS VC for both, but just for one and the one being the Wii U, forget about it. I will continue buying used carts that they see no profit from.

But would you really buy the same game again in digital format, that you already own a physical copy of? I certainly would not.
---
~-> este914 <-~
Mind Over Matter.
#9Lord_FroodPosted 1/30/2014 8:37:24 AM
inb4Endgame gets lambasted yet again for being right
---
Unless I state otherwise, what I say is opinion when it comes to discussing the quality of games.
#10GuyFawkes5Posted 1/30/2014 8:39:00 AM
DeathSnipe777 posted...
Looks like someone forgot that the 3DS can already play DS games.

A DS VC for the 3DS would be like the WiiU having a Wii VC.

LOL!!! this!, looks like you did not think this one out TC.
---
"I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living, or get busy dying."