Oh, Nintendo...

#61scrubberprood21(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2014 4:59:25 PM
So don't know why I'm being called a fanboy when Nintendo isn't even my favorite gaming company and I have plenty of non-Nintendo consoles but ok.
---
#62Stefan1277Posted 1/30/2014 5:04:36 PM
To people wanting digital downloads: Deal with it.

On a side note, it's not like this is going to be worth much since Nintendo LOOOOVEEEESSS to be slow and dumb with their digital stores. They will release 1 new DS game every now and then, and not all of them will be worth a damn because of licensing. They will, as usual, hold back on their good first party stuff all the way to who-knows-when and release mild stuff with one good title once every 5 months.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#63kjellboyPosted 1/30/2014 5:07:03 PM
I don't care about DS games as I can just either insert DS cartridge or go the other way around.

What I do want is GBA titles on the eshop.
---
| Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V Pro | CPU: Intel i5 2500k | GPU: Asus DirectCU II OC GTX 680 | RAM: 8 GB |
#64RICKmT3Posted 2/3/2014 9:08:06 AM
DeathSnipe777 posted...
Looks like someone forgot that the 3DS can already play DS games.

A DS VC for the 3DS would be like the WiiU having a Wii VC.

If I could download Wii games to the WiiU I would probably buy one. Some older titles are so rare to find that they need digital download versions. Same goes for the DS. I went to five gamestops and sorted through their discount DS bins looking for a game. I paid 8 bucks for it, but probably wasted 50 bucks in gas to drive around to the stores. With DS games no longer being for sale, but a high demand for them still in the market, Nintendo is losing tons of potential income by not putting them up on the 3ds VC. Placing them on the WiiU might help promote sales of the console, but who would honestly buy a CONSOLE just to play games intended to be hand held? That would be like buying an SNES back in the 90s and the Super Game Boy JUST so you could play GB games on it.
#6590sRetroGamingPosted 2/3/2014 1:29:54 PM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
Mariofan15 posted...
Great.In adittion to those stupid "where is Mai GBA games" topics,now people are gonna ***** and moan about DS games. That's all this board needs.More moaning.

And you'd certainly know a lot about moaning.

---
3DS FC: 1375-7268-6996/NNID: OldSchoolGaming/http://www.youtube.com/user/OldSchoolGaming4Life
#66Shuo_RagnarokPosted 2/3/2014 1:41:02 PM
Lord_Frood posted...
inb4Endgame gets lambasted yet again for being right

Inb4Endgame's minions needlessly come to his aid whether he's making a point (a rare occurence) or being a dunce (where his reputation comes from).........oh wait, you already posted.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC:4084-3346-5023
3DS FC: 5069-3924-4114
#67HayashiTakaraPosted 2/3/2014 1:43:47 PM
Shuo_Ragnarok posted...
Lord_Frood posted...

Inb4Endgame's minions needlessly come to his aid whether he's making a point (a rare occurence) or being a dunce (where his reputation comes from).........oh wait, you already posted.

Endgame being right is about as accurate as saying Michael Pachter being reliable.
#68n00bsaib0tPosted 2/3/2014 1:51:54 PM
RICKmT3 posted...
DeathSnipe777 posted...
Looks like someone forgot that the 3DS can already play DS games.

A DS VC for the 3DS would be like the WiiU having a Wii VC.

If I could download Wii games to the WiiU I would probably buy one. Some older titles are so rare to find that they need digital download versions. Same goes for the DS. I went to five gamestops and sorted through their discount DS bins looking for a game. I paid 8 bucks for it, but probably wasted 50 bucks in gas to drive around to the stores. With DS games no longer being for sale, but a high demand for them still in the market, Nintendo is losing tons of potential income by not putting them up on the 3ds VC. Placing them on the WiiU might help promote sales of the console, but who would honestly buy a CONSOLE just to play games intended to be hand held? That would be like buying an SNES back in the 90s and the Super Game Boy JUST so you could play GB games on it.

First of all, Game Stop has a connected database. All you had to do was tell the first one you were looking for a game and they could tell you what location had it. Every time I have done this the employees have even called the location for me, and the other location would go on the floor and pull the case off the shelf and have it ready to sell when I walked in. In this regard, Game Stop is pretty awesome. When you know what you want, they're always willing to help you.

Second, I bought a Game Cube specifically for the Game Boy Player. I already had an SNES when the Super Game Boy came out but I did get that too. But I bought the Game Cube for that, and ended up buying other titles. I like playing games on my TV. When I'm at home its amazing. I will be buying my favorite DS titles on my WiiU as they become available.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#69OoSubaruoOPosted 2/3/2014 2:09:54 PM
HayashiTakara posted...
Shuo_Ragnarok posted...
Lord_Frood posted...

Endgame being right is about as accurate as saying Michael Pachter being reliable.

Bazinga.
---
The official Genbu of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board