Delete NNID to change region from Canada to US?

#1vanitas11Posted 1/31/2014 6:54:26 PM
So I bought prepaid cards but i'm unable to use them. If I delete my NNID and create a new one can I set it to US? Can anyone please help me? I'm growing desperate here :(
---
Abyssus Est Alius Populus~ Currently Playing: Pokemon Y
3DS FC: 1263 - 7105 - 3383 IGN: Keane
#2SSJ2__GohanPosted 1/31/2014 6:58:46 PM(edited)
That should work. But if you delete your NNID you lose everything: all your downloads, and all your currency.

If your only downloads are stuff you can re-download for free (Four Swords, demos...), or if you don't care about what you'll lose (like the free Pokedex 3D: only the buyable version is available now, so you won't be able to re-download the free version, but it very likely has less value to you then the prepaid cards) only then should you do it.

Oh, and afterwards you can never change back (you'll lose either the currency, or the stuff you buy with it).
#3vanitas11(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 6:59:49 PM
SSJ2__Gohan posted...
That should work. But if you delete your NNID you lose everything: all your downloads, and all your currency.

If your only downloads are stuff you can re-download for free (Four Swords, demos...), or if you don't care about what you'll lose (like the free Pokedex 3D: only the buyable version is available now, so you won't be able to re-download the free version) only then should you do it.

Oh, and afterwards you can never change back (you'll lose either the currency, or the stuff you buy with it).

Thank you so much for the quick reply. Fortunately, I haven't bought anything yet.
What about save file from carts? Do they get deleted too? I spent more than 250 hours on Pokemon Y already and it would really be a waste for it to be deleted.
---
#4SSJ2__GohanPosted 1/31/2014 7:07:40 PM
vanitas11 posted...
SSJ2__Gohan posted...

If your only downloads are stuff you can re-download for free (Four Swords, demos...), or if you don't care about what you'll lose (like the free Pokedex 3D: only the buyable version is available now, so you won't be able to re-download the free version) only then should you do it.

Thank you so much for the quick reply. Fortunately, I haven't bought anything yet.
What about save file from carts? Do they get deleted too? I spent more than 250 hours on Pokemon Y already and it would really be a waste for it to be deleted.

Also no pre-installed game or something?

Unfortunately, I'm not sure about save files, so I can't help you with that.
#5vanitas11(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 7:12:11 PM
SSJ2__Gohan posted...
vanitas11 posted...
SSJ2__Gohan posted...

Yeah, good thing there aren't any. Man. I'm so relieved that I can change from Canada to US. The only thing that's holding me back is my pokemon save file :(
---
#6x_stevey_xPosted 1/31/2014 7:13:29 PM
cartridge games save to the cartridge
#7spealfan444Posted 1/31/2014 7:14:05 PM
vanitas11 posted...
SSJ2__Gohan posted...
vanitas11 posted...
SSJ2__Gohan posted...

Yeah, good thing there aren't any. Man. I'm so relieved that I can change from Canada to US. The only thing that's holding me back is my pokemon save file :(

Game carts save to the cartridge itself. It will still be there if you delete the ID.
---
These boards are a creature of Chaos, they may take many incarnations.
3DS FC:0387-8824-4692 Friend Safari: Munna, Espurr, Gothorita.
#8DerpKnight7Posted 1/31/2014 7:17:55 PM
Yeah, but now you cant use canadian cards, if you live in canada, if you live in the US (using CA lower tax) then just go on back the US account
#9vanitas11(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 7:20:51 PM
I'll also lose everyone on my friend list will I? :(
---
#10spealfan444Posted 1/31/2014 7:27:54 PM
vanitas11 posted...
I'll also lose everyone on my friend list will I? :(

Yes.
---
These boards are a creature of Chaos, they may take many incarnations.
3DS FC:0387-8824-4692 Friend Safari: Munna, Espurr, Gothorita.