Delete NNID to change region from Canada to US?

#11huyiPosted 2/1/2014 5:56:51 AM
Man nintendo really do have everyone by the falls don't they? all of this deterrs you from attempting to change regions and it works majority of the time.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD7750 8GB RAM 2TB HDD DLC THE GAME http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ
#12vanitas11(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 6:07:38 AM
huyi posted...
Man nintendo really do have everyone by the falls don't they? all of this deterrs you from attempting to change regions and it works majority of the time.

Pretty much. Good new though! I deleted my old NNID and was able to change my region and retain my friend list. I was also able to use the prepaid card I bought from Play-Asia. I lost all my downloads but it doesn't really matter as all that I had were just demos and the free Zelda which I was able to download again (With the new NNID ofc)
---
Abyssus Est Alius Populus~ Currently Playing: Pokemon Y
3DS FC: 1263 - 7105 - 3383 IGN: Keane
#13blue_manPosted 2/1/2014 6:11:59 AM
Can you get Canadian cards from playasia?
#14vanitas11(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 6:16:09 AM
blue_man posted...
Can you get Canadian cards from playasia?

Im not sure. But the one's that I got was a US "digital code" as it was the first thing that I saw.
lol
---
Abyssus Est Alius Populus~ Currently Playing: Pokemon Y
3DS FC: 1263 - 7105 - 3383 IGN: Keane
#151212-1Posted 2/6/2014 9:20:41 AM
This is stupid. I want to play Kokuga, but it is US only, so now the only way to play it would be to lose all my games, of which I have way too many to make it worth deleting my NNID. One thing I hate about nintendo is everyone keeps defending them by simply calling us whiners, but the complaints about the id's are legit. I was not sure I wanted ID's in the first place, but they pretty much force you to make one and then screw you over royally. Really Nintendo?! Between this and not releasing Flipnote Studio, you guys have some catching up with the times to do. At least other account systems like psn let you switch region without having to delete your psn account.

I think this is the dumbest thing nintendo has EVER done.