is there any point in upgrading the sd card?

#1NovaCastPosted 2/1/2014 2:15:27 AM
To be more specific: I don't buy digital games and i don't plan on doing so

My unit came with a 4 gb sd card. If i will never buy a digital game is there any need at all to upgrade the memory card?

I don't take pictures with the system either. I only own 1 digital game as of now which is the free zelda 4 swords game.

I have larger sd cards but i was wondering if there is any point in upgrading the original one it came with or it the extra space will go to waste. Do some games save some things into the sd cards that could possibly take more space over time?
---
#2kjellboyPosted 2/1/2014 2:43:48 AM
If you don't plan on buying digital games, 4GB SD card is more than enough for your needs. :)

No matter the system. So long as you don't plan on adding anything to it like music, movies, pictures and games bought through the systems eshop, then there's no need to upgrade the systems memory. And unless you own thousands of games for the 3DS, I doubt you will have to delete any savedata. :p
---
| Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V Pro | CPU: Intel i5 2500k | GPU: Asus DirectCU II OC GTX 680 | RAM: 8 GB |
#3Link3Posted 2/1/2014 2:44:35 AM
Given everything you said, no, there is no point.

---
#4huyiPosted 2/1/2014 5:53:26 AM
I have a 16gb in my 3ds only reason i do is because i have so many of them laying around, that should last me a good while too especially if nintendo have any promotions going on...
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD7750 8GB RAM 2TB HDD DLC THE GAME http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ
#5Cloud75xPosted 2/1/2014 6:30:38 AM
there are only 2 reasons to increase the 3ds sd card size:

- u actually have the wallet size and small enough brain to purchase all 12 games on the 3ds e-shop (when it should really have 100+)
- u do that "illegal-thing-no-one-is-suppose-to-know-about" thingy
---
"That which does not become part of the one, shall become one with the void."
#6sonicnewboyPosted 2/1/2014 7:20:20 AM
The LoZ 4 swords game doesn't even get stored in the SD card. Believe it or not, it is stored in your system memory.
#7AeonChronosPosted 2/1/2014 7:50:10 AM
kjellboy posted...
And unless you own thousands of games for the 3DS, I doubt you will have to delete any savedata. :p

You wouldn't have to delete any save data on the SD card anyways...the game data that the SD card stores is streetpass data and that is mostly negligible in terms of size. It doesn't store your game save at all as all game saves are on the 3DS cartridge itself.

So if you don't plan to buy any digital games at all or any DLC, then you don't need another SD card, but just don't assume that every game that you can buy on the E-shop you can find in the store, though...and vice-versa.
#8randomshemsPosted 2/1/2014 7:52:01 AM
Only for when they have deals on stuff mostly atlas games xD
---
square enix sucks more localization you froobs D:
#9Primum_MobilePosted 2/1/2014 7:54:10 AM
Cloud75x posted...
- u actually have the wallet size and small enough brain to purchase all 12 games on the 3ds e-shop (when it should really have 100+)

... i don't know what you are talking about, a majority of the retail games is on eshop.
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
#10kabutokoujiPosted 2/1/2014 8:05:10 AM
Cloud75x posted...
there are only 2 reasons to increase the 3ds sd card size:

- u do that "illegal-thing-no-one-is-suppose-to-know-about" thingy

wrong, I own 20 full games from the eshop, Japanese store though, and they are all good

Monster Hunter 3G
Monster Hunter 4
Bravely default(original one from 1 year ago)
Bravely Default: for the sequel(the new expancion that came out in Nov last year, I should delete the original since is just the same basic game)
Digimon world RE: decoded
fantasy life: Link!
Cardfight vanguard
Gaist Crusher
Senran Kagura
the legend of Zelda ocarina of time
the legend of Zelda a link between worlds
Dragon Ball Z cardfigthers
all my ambassador games
Fire Emblem: kakusei
Fire emblem 1 for famicom (VC)

so yeah I prob need to upgrade from my 64GB pretty soon to something bigger.