Kid Icarus Uprising vs Gravity Rush

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Kid Icarus Uprising vs Gravity Rush
2 years ago#1
Which is the better game? I played Gravity Rush on my brother's Vita and it is pretty amazing. I was looking for a similar game on 3DS and found Kid Icarus. So, opinions? Is there another game I should be looking at instead?
2 years ago#2
At least Gravity Rush is playable.
2 years ago#3
Kid Icarus is so f***** good it's ridiculous.

The controls are really really tricky and almost painful though. Takes adapting.

I feel like Kingdom Hearts might be similar to GR.

EDIT: Tricky isn't the right word. They're intuitive but the learning curve is steep.
Do I have that right? Because if I do, I have absolutely no idea what any of you are talking about. - Ike
2 years ago#4
KiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiDDDD !!!

ftw babeh !
2 years ago#5
Both great games, but I would have to go with Kid Icarus.
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
2 years ago#6
They're completely different. Kid Icarus is a mix of on-rails shooting segments like Panzer Dragoon or something and fairly linear exploration/action segments on foot.

Kid Icarus is an amazing game with tons to do if you can get the controls to work for you. I couldn't.
I own a Vita and a Wii U, bite me.
2 years ago#7
Merely talking about controls, Gravity Rush in a heartbeat. Games are pretty different though and both are fun.
Currently Playing: Tales of Xillia, Monster Hunter 4
3DS FC: 2707-2560-1312 JPN FC 1907-9095-4490
2 years ago#8
Kid Icarus, Gravity Rush's combat is an abomination.
NNID/PSN: Tempest717
2 years ago#9
KI:U had questionable controls but generally better gameplay. However think the game still could have been much better in both controls and gameplay if they had more standard control system, at least for the ground portion. Would have much rather used buttons to attack and actually have a better variety of attacks, abilities, etc.

Gravity Rush however had much better controls, although still not perfect. However Gravity Rush needed to work a lot more on the battle mechanics and side quests in order for it to be good. Most battles Gravity Kick was the only viable way to fight which became boring quickly. Only side quests I have ever seen were rush through the check points which was also very disappointing.

Can't really say one is better than the other as the are both flawed and both proved to be a disappointment to me.
Nothing wrong with a 40 year old man watching anime intended for 5 year old Japanese girls.
2 years ago#10
Gravity Rush.

Out of these two games both with polarizing controls, I thought Gravity Rush was a fresh breath of air and a great open world game. Certainly flawed, but great. Kid Icarus is just a bad game.
Playing Virtue's Last Reward before 999? Don't. Please, for the sake of everything, don't. My crusade around the internet to spread this truth goes on.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Kid Icarus Uprising vs Gravity Rush

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived