Kid Icarus Uprising vs Gravity Rush

#41nonexistingheroPosted 2/2/2014 4:33:16 AM
Lololol

That's all I have to say about the above post.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#42lambchipsPosted 2/2/2014 4:46:22 AM
Kid Icarus Uprising
I like Gravity Rush too but it lacked many things KIU had (OST, scale of the game, replayability and difficulty)

That said Gravity rush is much better if you use the gyroscopic feature to aim, the dual analog method is awfully slow
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#43BrasenPosted 2/2/2014 5:59:06 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#44BrasenPosted 2/2/2014 6:23:47 AM(edited)
Having played both, I'd say Kid Icarus is the better of the two though they're both must haves for their respective system owners. Gravity Rush had the better idea with its mechanics and had a good art direction. Uprising however will last you a lot longer and it did have the better gameplay/content along with being quite the charm.

stalemate_666 posted...
I never said they weren't intuitive I said there were bad. The controls in KI are limited and imprecise because of reliance on touch screen, sure it's intuitive, you know how to control it fairly easily but you can't do as much as you want to, skill is irrelevant and every so often it won't work right because of touch screen.

This person obviously never played KI, skill is irrelevant only if you play on 1.0 easy mode, and if you can't handle the touch screen precision you're f******* terrible at precision period. Come back to thread when you stop talking out of thy own ass.
#45lninjasoniclPosted 2/2/2014 6:15:01 AM
Gravity Rush
---
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something.
#46TwilightEchoesPosted 2/2/2014 7:37:16 AM(edited)
Kid Icarus.

I definitely liked Gravity Rush, but the combat could use a few control tweaks (forcing the player off the buttons to swipe the mudge-prone OLED screen to dodge is stupid and unintuitive for a couple reasons, for one) and more depth, albeit it was still frantically fun, and the story felt like a total rushjob that barely answered any of the questions it set up across the entire plot and cast. Plus the Gravity Slide's controls were atrocious, so much so that it puts any particular aspect you could weigh against KI's controls to shame, though that's overall minor because it was only used a few times and was never completely necessary outside of some extra challenges. And despite being an open-world game which was a thrill to maneuver across, the city was very empty with upgrade gem collectibles being the most you'll find. It was still a solid game despite these things, but not stellar.

Wheras I never had much issue with KI's controls and certainly no significant ones after I made my layout and sensitivity tweaks in the first chapter. And it tells a complete story with much better dialogue and consistently throws new types of challenges at you. Since the controls weren't a problem for me, there's not much I put against the game. The sprint was pointlessly limited and that's all I can really come up with on the spot.

I'm hoping Gravity Rush 2 to Gravity Rush 1 is what Uncharted 2 was to to Uncharted 1. A solid original title to a stunning sequel, I mean. Then it will truly be fantastic. Gravity Rush works off great and unique gameplay ideas, and GR1 did a pretty good job at establishing them. They just need some more fleshing out and a bit of further refinement which is where the sequel should come in.
---
[Insert an "[Insert witty saying or joke]" sig here]
#47Akihiko__SanadaPosted 2/2/2014 9:13:05 AM
That's a REALLY hard question. I honestly can't say.
---
Judge Yellowbeard
#48stalemate_666Posted 2/2/2014 12:41:28 PM
Brasen posted...
Having played both, I'd say Kid Icarus is the better of the two though they're both must haves for their respective system owners. Gravity Rush had the better idea with its mechanics and had a good art direction. Uprising however will last you a lot longer and it did have the better gameplay/content along with being quite the charm.

stalemate_666 posted...
I never said they weren't intuitive I said there were bad. The controls in KI are limited and imprecise because of reliance on touch screen, sure it's intuitive, you know how to control it fairly easily but you can't do as much as you want to, skill is irrelevant and every so often it won't work right because of touch screen.

This person obviously never played KI, skill is irrelevant only if you play on 1.0 easy mode, and if you can't handle the touch screen precision you're f******* terrible at precision period. Come back to thread when you stop talking out of thy own ass.

Skill is irrelevent period higher difficulties just makes it a grind not skill related. Unlike gravity rush where a skilled player can take out a mob in seconds without getting hit doing moves that are hard to follow when your just watching, with KI it's just repeat the same thing over and over again and if you don't have the equipment for the difficult it will take forever. Touch screens aren't reliable it's not about being able to handle it it's about the whole control concept being unreliable. It's usable sure but you could have tight controls on it ever.
---
psn: Stalemate666
#49SagadegoPosted 2/2/2014 1:39:15 PM
Brasen posted...

stalemate_666 posted...

he also said kid Icarus was a remake.
---
Now Playing:
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3ds/ds) Dragon's Crown Persona 4 Golden (ps vita) New Super Mario Bros U/Wonderful 101 (Wii U)
#50yomomma0919Posted 2/2/2014 2:02:37 PM
Galeforce99 posted...
At least Gravity Rush is playable.

wat?
---
3DS FC: 0533-4875-0540 PokemonY IGN: Serena /NNID/VITA PSN:Leek0919
Cloning reference: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000458-pokemon-x-y-trading/68228469