Is Nintendo going to go bankrupt or what....

#1DEBIAZPosted 2/6/2014 9:21:27 PM
(well i'm no of a know-everything myself, which is why i'm wondering)
but I've been reading news lately about Nintendo going down, or the sales not meeting what it expected, and about it's finding a new approach to the market, etc.
what the heck happened? isn't Nintendo's 3DS like... one of the best selling game consoles right now?
(i mean, they have Mario, Zelda especially Pokemon and Monster Hunter)
so why would there ever be rumors of it (somewhat) going down or going bankrupt......?

Can someone please explain what happened :/"?
#2Baha05Posted 2/6/2014 9:22:14 PM
No they aren't going Bankrupt anytime soon and even if they fail in the Home Console Market, they have always did better in the Handheld Market
---
"Zelda is THE original RPG." Error1355 (Moderator)
#3terrancejonesPosted 2/6/2014 9:23:25 PM
Considering that they're hiring new people, developing new teams, and building new buildings, it's not likely.
---
Every console has a game worth playing to me, like for example, the Xbox 360 has Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.
#4The_shoemakerPosted 2/6/2014 9:40:45 PM
They're losing money right now despite the 3DS doing very well. Wii U is selling at a loss and isn't gaining many sales. With that said, they're not going bankrupt anytime soon because of how much money they have in the bank. They just spent 9 million on new shares of the company, they're fine with money.
---
Check out the amazing band "ESCAPE THE FATE" right here! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02Me9nPk5ro
#5Genericgamer667Posted 2/6/2014 10:24:01 PM
no

anyone who says they will is a moron or troll, period. Don't listen to what those people on the Wii-U board say. It's all console wars bs that means nothing to a gamer in the long run
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#6owyn_merrilinPosted 2/6/2014 10:34:57 PM
The_shoemaker posted...
They're losing money right now despite the 3DS doing very well. Wii U is selling at a loss and isn't gaining many sales. With that said, they're not going bankrupt anytime soon because of how much money they have in the bank. They just spent 9 million on new shares of the company, they're fine with money.

This. I remember reading an article a while back about how they made so much money last gen that, if they wanted to, they could do nothing for something ridiculous like 15 years before they actually had to start selling new products again. Even with the losses from the WiiU, it'll be years before bankruptcy is something to worry about, and hopefully by then they'll have figured something out. I mean even the PS3 turned a profit in the end, and that thing launched at a loss despite costing $600. The WiiU doesn't have as big of a hurdle to jump over.
#7RevolutionZealPosted 2/6/2014 10:47:39 PM
Inb4 someone mentions sony

But yeah, they aren't going to go bankrupt. They're not doing good with the wii u, but bankrupt nah. That said, that doesnt mean they should be okay with all the losses.
#8LightHawKnightPosted 2/6/2014 10:52:24 PM
Man, the Media has a real huge ass Nintendo hating bias don't they? Every fault is recorded, mentioned and blown up. No other company suffers from that, at least to the point where Nintendo does. Its quite odd.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#9Mariofan15Posted 2/6/2014 10:53:00 PM
No.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:1121-2453-7393
National Dex Completed:9/26/2013
#10Link3Posted 2/6/2014 11:07:41 PM(edited)
Nintendo's been bankrupt this entire time.

Directed by M. Night Shyamalan

---