Is Nintendo going to go bankrupt or what....

#41SamA7XPosted 2/7/2014 6:03:31 PM
The Wii U may have caused Nintendo to record a loss for last Year, but the Wii U won't always be a flop, Everyone said the same about the 3DS after the first year of sales, now it's selling more units than any other console on the market. Give Nintendo time, they'll come out smelling of roses like always.
---
3DS FC: 0318 - 7310 - 2801
#42owyn_merrilinPosted 2/7/2014 6:26:33 PM
SilverWingedOne posted...
Sometimes I think Nintendo's name alone perfectly describes their business strategy. ;)

"Leave Luck to Heaven?" That does describe Iwata's leadership, now that you mention it, he must be praying for some luck right about now :P
#43Emerald_MeliosPosted 2/7/2014 7:33:36 PM
lambchips posted...
LightHawKnight posted...
Man, the Media has a real huge ass Nintendo hating bias don't they? Every fault is recorded, mentioned and blown up. No other company suffers from that, at least to the point where Nintendo does. Its quite odd.

This, it feels like if Nintendo makes a blunder everyone is ready to report it and make nintendoom predictions but the media would forgive the other companies

This trend feels like its only happening recently with the 3ds and wiiu... ( I still remember the weekly Nintendoom articles posted on Kotaku, IGN and other gaming websites)
^ I dont even remember this with the gamecube, wii or ds.

It may be due to anxiety over the fact Sony and Microsoft -- systems with "mature" games -- aren't doing as well, while Nintendo -- the "kiddy" system -- manages to be successful even without top-of-the-line hardware. There is a lot of insecurity in gaming media that seems to be tied to perception of whether video games are "for kids" or not.
#44RPGNinja123Posted 2/7/2014 7:48:47 PM
SamA7X posted...
The Wii U may have caused Nintendo to record a loss for last Year, but the Wii U won't always be a flop, Everyone said the same about the 3DS after the first year of sales, now it's selling more units than any other console on the market. Give Nintendo time, they'll come out smelling of roses like always.

Except 3DS turned away much quicker than the Wii U has and the Wii U still hasn't turned around yet.
---
3DS FC-0232-8140-1787(send PM if u add me)
SEGA... Please let Shenmue 3 happen.
#45Genericgamer667Posted 2/7/2014 8:22:09 PM
stalemate_666 posted...
samuraigaiden posted...

I believe Sony will do everything to recover their TV business, since it's something that sort of defines them as a company. The areas that are profitable are not under risk of being dissolved. I think that Sony won't sell the PlayStation division as it's part of their TV strategy. Even the Vita will maintain the current level of support and won't be discontinued, but I'm certain this is not the last part of Sony that is going to be sold in the near future.

I completely agree Sony will sell more off more then that they SHOULD sell more of their assets off like I said it's stupid and probably just a point of pride that they aren't so despite whatever ppl say sony isn't going bankrupt anytime soon and neither is Nintendo but Nintendo is at risk of shareholders getting angry and that could lead to all sorts of bad possibilities where Nintendo could be moot to gaming industry granted there's still some time but Nintendo has already started on phone crap due to pressure

do you honestly think just selling off divisions will solve all their problems. The PC industry was only one of many, do you realize how much smaller a company they would become if they sold off ALL the unprofitable assets?
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#46SilverWingedOnePosted 2/8/2014 11:43:55 AM
Link3 posted...
Nintendo's been bankrupt this entire time.

Directed by M. Night Shyamalan

---

I can see bankrupt companies.
---
Some of my favorite memories of Final Fantasy were with Link and his Pikachu.
#47stalemate_666Posted 2/8/2014 12:15:11 PM
Genericgamer667 posted...
stalemate_666 posted...
samuraigaiden posted...

I believe Sony will do everything to recover their TV business, since it's something that sort of defines them as a company. The areas that are profitable are not under risk of being dissolved. I think that Sony won't sell the PlayStation division as it's part of their TV strategy. Even the Vita will maintain the current level of support and won't be discontinued, but I'm certain this is not the last part of Sony that is going to be sold in the near future.

I completely agree Sony will sell more off more then that they SHOULD sell more of their assets off like I said it's stupid and probably just a point of pride that they aren't so despite whatever ppl say sony isn't going bankrupt anytime soon and neither is Nintendo but Nintendo is at risk of shareholders getting angry and that could lead to all sorts of bad possibilities where Nintendo could be moot to gaming industry granted there's still some time but Nintendo has already started on phone crap due to pressure

do you honestly think just selling off divisions will solve all their problems. The PC industry was only one of many, do you realize how much smaller a company they would become if they sold off ALL the unprofitable assets?

Not divisions assets within their divisions like work out how their TVs are selling then selling off most factories beyond that production point starting with least efficient instead of throwing money away keeping them. And it doesn't have to be all just the ones losing the most. Right now they are just holding on to assets they really have no reason to
---
psn: Stalemate666