Check out this Legend of Zelda Four Swords AE box art I made on Mac OS X Preview

#1whitaker6490Posted 2/15/2014 10:21:00 PM
I have a case for every single Zelda game I own (even the ones I have downloaded on 3DS) except for this one, so I decided to make one. It's nothing special whatsoever, but I was surprised I was able to make it on Preview, which has even less options than Paint.

http://s29.postimg.org/em4uhhqnr/139250266625734.png

Now all I need to do is buy Wind Waker HD and my Zelda collection will be complete!
---
"I will give you a show like you have never, ever seen before. Why? Because I can." -- Shawn Michaels
#2NarutoPosted 2/15/2014 10:45:00 PM
Just a few things: The game is more than just 1-2 players, it's up to four. Nintendo doesn't put their red logo on the spine. You should've used the DSi sidebar like the other DSi-only titles:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/980256-foto-showdown/images
#3CubeTVPosted 2/15/2014 10:46:47 PM
Looks really good. The current Nintendo logo is grey, not red though. You should also add the "Nintendo" name to DSiWare on the box (right next to, or above the DSiWare logo) so people know it's a Nintendo product.

I really like it.
---
YouTube: www.Youtube.com/AdNintendogs
#4Starwars4JPosted 2/15/2014 10:47:51 PM
whitaker6490 posted...
Now all I need to do is buy Wind Waker HD and my Zelda collection will be complete!

You have mint-condition CD-i games? How about the LE leather-bound Hyrule Historia? Or even the LE WWHD set...those are getting more expensive these days.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#5whitaker6490(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2014 11:02:06 PM
Naruto posted...
Just a few things: The game is more than just 1-2 players, it's up to four. Nintendo doesn't put their red logo on the spine. You should've used the DSi sidebar like the other DSi-only titles:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/980256-foto-showdown/images

You're right! I didn't even pay attention to that, I just found a DS multiplayer logo and slapped it on there, haha.

I used the DSiWare logo with the DS curved bar 'cause everytime I've ever seen a "DSiWare boxart" from a developer, they still use the curve bar.

CubeTV posted...
Looks really good. The current Nintendo logo is grey, not red though. You should also add the "Nintendo" name to DSiWare on the box (right next to, or above the DSiWare logo) so people know it's a Nintendo product.

I really like it.

I used the red one just 'cause I figured it would stand out better. I'll try the gray one tomorrow.

Starwars4J posted...
whitaker6490 posted...

You have mint-condition CD-i games? How about the LE leather-bound Hyrule Historia? Or even the LE WWHD set...those are getting more expensive these days.

haha, that'd be a no. I'll just have all 17 main series Zelda games in some form or another after I buy Wind Waker HD. I do have a regular edition of Hyrule Historia! And I got one of the ALBW pre-order treasure chests from the Nintendo rep at the Best Buy I used to work at. Those two things are actually the only video game memorabilia I own other than the Club Nintendo Mario plush hat and a FlingSmash plush from GameStop.
---
"I will give you a show like you have never, ever seen before. Why? Because I can." -- Shawn Michaels
#6strongo9Posted 2/15/2014 11:06:13 PM
1. There's too much text on the back.
2. The text and screenshots on the back are too small
3. The background of the front cover is bland.
4. Nintendo has not used the red logo in a long time. It's a light gray color now. Although, depending on the color of the front of the case, a white or black logo is used instead to better contrast it. Typically a white logo is almost always used on the back because the background color behind the ESRB, publisher/developer info, and Nintendo seal of quality is almost always black or a very dark color.
5. The game is playable by up to four players, not two. The text next to the multiplayer image should also read that the game requires mulitple game cards, not that download play works.
6. Nintendo never placed their logo on the spine of DS cases.

Sorry to be so critical. It still looks decent despite all of the errors and poor design choices.
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce GT 540m
#7strongo9Posted 2/15/2014 11:09:25 PM
Also, I recommend downloading Gimp (it is available for both OS X and Windows). It's probably the best free image editing software out there for either OS. It's no Photoshop though.

PS - Macs suck.
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce GT 540m
#8whitaker6490(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2014 11:33:07 PM
strongo9 posted...
1. There's too much text on the back.
2. The text and screenshots on the back are too small
3. The background of the front cover is bland.
4. Nintendo has not used the red logo in a long time. It's a light gray color now. Although, depending on the color of the front of the case, a white or black logo is used instead to better contrast it. Typically a white logo is almost always used on the back because the background color behind the ESRB, publisher/developer info, and Nintendo seal of quality is almost always black or a very dark color.
5. The game is playable by up to four players, not two. The text next to the multiplayer image should also read that the game requires mulitple game cards, not that download play works.
6. Nintendo never placed their logo on the spine of DS cases.

Sorry to be so critical. It still looks decent despite all of the errors and poor design choices.

Yeah, I think I may take Zelda, Vaati, and the two Links off the back so I can make the screenshots bigger. I just copy/pasted the text from the official FSAE site 'cause I didn't feel like finding a font that looked Zelda-y. I just figured if Nintendo used it, it's good enough for me.

Thanks for the info on the bottom of the back of the case. I just copied the bottom of the Super Mario 64 DS case and blocked out whatever didn't really apply to a DSiWare game.

The reason I'm putting a Nintendo logo on the bottom is because I made it the size of a 3DS cover. Every Zelda game that I have downloaded on my 3DS, no matter what system it was originally for, has a custom cover that fits in a 3DS case. So my cases for LoZ, AoL, LADX, OoA, OoS, and TMC all have red logos on the bottom of their spine since the logo was red when they were released. But since FSAE was released after they switched to the gray logo, I should change it.

And I didn't want it to say Multi-Card Play since the game isn't actually on a game card, so I just put Multi-Download Play. I guess that can be kind of confusing since Download Play is a completely different thing.

Thanks for all the tips guys!
---
#9whitaker6490(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2014 11:38:20 PM(edited)
Oh, and I just made the background on the front solid gold because that's actually my favorite style of Zelda boxart. I almost didn't even put the four Links on the cover and just put a big LoZ:FSAE logo on it. I still may change it.
---
#10whitaker6490(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2014 9:44:55 AM
http://s29.postimg.org/rd1dlmqt3/139250266625734.png

Here's the new one. Some of the text on the back is still really small, but you can read when it's actually printed out.
---