Which VC game should I get from the eShop?

#1EngineR2Posted 2/18/2014 5:21:32 PM(edited)
Which game should I choose? - Results (64 votes)
Super Mario Bros.
9.38% (6 votes)
Sonic The Hedgehog(GG)
7.81% (5 votes)
Kirby's Adventure
32.81% (21 votes)
Excitebike
1.56% (1 votes)
Sonic Drift 2
1.56% (1 votes)
Super Hang-On
6.25% (4 votes)
WipEout(PSOne Classics)
1.56% (1 votes)
Rayman(PSOne Classics)
7.81% (5 votes)
DON'T DO IT MAN, SAVE YOUS MONEYS!!!!!
31.25% (20 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Can't decide on what to pick up, but I have all of these games in some form. I just want a portable version to play.

Super Mario Bros.:
I have the game twice on NES(Duck Hunt combo, and single game), I own the DX version on GBC, and I have the Famicom cassette. Not to mention, I have the SNES version of the game, and I own the Wii VC. However, I want to play the game on the 3DS. It's been on sale in the past, should I wait?

Sonic The Hedgehog(GG):
Still have the Game Gear cartridge, but I really don't want to use up 6 AA batteries right now. I also own the game on Sonic Adventure DX(GC). It may have been the best GG Sonic game, even better than Triple Trouble. But I still play 3D Sonic a lot. Would it be a waste?

Kirby's Adventure:
I've wanted this game for a while, due to the 3D effect. I still own the original game on NES, and the remake on GBA. Awesome game, but I can't decide between this, or the classic Super Mario Bros. This game has also been on sale before, and it's possible that they could have a Kirby sale close to the release of the new 3DS game. Wait for it???

Excitebike:
Awesome game. I Have it on NES, Famicom, e-reader, and Wii VC. Does the 3D effect really add to the experience, along with its widescreen view?

Sonic Drift 2:
For some reason, I really like this game. I'm still kicking myself for not picking up the first game in Kmart many years ago(some person traded in a pre-owned copy, and we weren't sure if the game would work on a US model Game Gear, so I left it alone, not knowing that the system is region-free). Once again, Sonic Adventure DX is the only way I have to play this. Should I pick this over the other games?

Super Hang-On:
I've owned this through the SEGA Smash Pack 2 PC CD. The thing I like the most about this game, is its soundtrack. Other than that, I never really spend time to improve on my skills. I've never finished a single race. The same thing happened to F-1 Race(GB), and I finally played the game for real, learned its physics, and completed it. Should I do the same thing here, and finally give this game a real go?

WipEout(PSOne Classics):
Yeah, I know, shouldn't be here. But this was one of my most favorite racing games of all time. Bought it on the SEGA Saturn, then replaced the damaged disc with the PS One version, and then purchased the game again on my Japanese SEGA Saturn. Should I forget about the 3DS VC, and focus on getting this game for my PS3/PSP? Or are there some weird glitches with emulation?

Rayman)PSOne Classics):
Same opening as WipEout. Really awesome platformer, played it all the time on the Playstation. I never quite found a good portable version of this game, however. The GBA's sound chip really didn't help with the quality of the music/sound FX(wish I knew this before trading in my GBC for it), and the DSiWare version is missing some of my favorite songs, and some other things have changed. With the PSOne Classics version, I know I'm getting the same exact game I played back in the '90s. Get this game? Leave the 3DS alone?

DON'T DO IT MAN, SAVE YOUS MONEYS!!!!!:
No explanation needed. I've been doing this quite a bit with the 3DS, as of lately.
---
"Wow I never knew scrolling down would be one of the largest mistakes in my life."
-Stolken, reading the comments on Sonic's Yoshi's Island Zone DLC.
#2The_shoemakerPosted 2/18/2014 5:22:43 PM
Well, I haven't tried many of them but it sounds like you've played em all before. Why not buy something new?

I would personally go with Sonic, either Game Gear or Master System 3D version.
---
Check out the amazing band "ESCAPE THE FATE" right here! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02Me9nPk5ro
#3terrancejonesPosted 2/18/2014 5:23:56 PM
If nothing appeals, you probably should save your money...

But I do like the Kirby Game. They get some pretty nice effects in the 3D sense, sometimes.
---
Every console has a game worth playing to me, like for example, the Xbox 360 has Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.
#4EngineR2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 5:33:42 PM
The_shoemaker posted...
Well, I haven't tried many of them but it sounds like you've played em all before.

Yeah, I have them all. In fact:

EngineR2 posted...
Can't decide on what to pick up, but I have all of these games in some form. I just want a portable version to play.

Thanks for the suggestion, though. I have to ask, though, are you talking about 3D Sonic The Hedgehog, which is a MegaDrive(or GigaDrive game, technically)? I have this already.
---
"Wow I never knew scrolling down would be one of the largest mistakes in my life."
-Stolken, reading the comments on Sonic's Yoshi's Island Zone DLC.
#5SMASHKING84Posted 2/18/2014 5:40:51 PM
smb or kirby's adventure of this list.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaLymBZLlbI
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
#6BlueswordsXPosted 2/18/2014 6:05:22 PM
Since you've played most already, try out some of Guild games instead (the Level-5 games that usually go for $8 but are currently on sale for $3.)
---
Touhou is love. Welcome to Gensokyo!
#7MorPosted 2/18/2014 6:07:02 PM
I've put over 50 hrs into Super Hang-On so far. Get it!
---
#8NathanisDrakePosted 2/18/2014 6:11:01 PM
3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure is objectively the best game on that list.
---
PC + 3DS Master Race
People who respond to trolls are masochist.
#9Remi0327Posted 2/18/2014 6:16:08 PM
I would say 3D Classics Kirby's Adventure, they did a nice job on it and it's Kirby. Not sure if they'll knock down the price of it or not for Triple Deluxe, I know it's been a Club Nintendo reward though, so it might pop up there again soon (it was back in August, I think.)

Speaking of 3D Classics, there's Kid Icarus if you hate yourself. Still have to beat it myself...
---
3DS FC: 0834-1209-0204 Now Playing: FE: Awakening, Steel Diver: Sub Wars, Black 2
Love letters recieved from Raz: 2
#10edigital23Posted 2/23/2014 5:30:01 PM
I'd go SMB, and Kirby. Cant go wrong with NES Classics.
---
Playing Bravely Default for Nintendo 3DS.