Do you buy digital copies of your 3DS games or physical copies? Why?

#21Thunderbird8Posted 2/21/2014 2:36:15 AM
MastaThief posted...
I want to move to digital, but until I can:

Make purchases directly with my Debit/Credit Card versus buying points

You can already do this. If you don't have enough cash in the system to buy the game chosen, there's an option to add the funds needed for the purchase and not a penny more. It even worked on the 30 cent VC games on the Wii U, which is something PSN doesn't offer (you can't add less than $5 to the wallet at once on PSN). Can't speak for the other guys (don't have any MS systems and I've not used the Steam Wallet system).
#22BlabadonPosted 2/21/2014 2:56:38 AM
Whichever's cheaper or if I want something the minute it's out, like digital Link Between Worlds.
---
Playing Virtue's Last Reward before 999? Don't. Please, for the sake of everything, don't. My crusade around the internet to spread this truth goes on.
#23NatatteruPosted 2/21/2014 3:06:46 AM
Physical if I can, I've been collecting games since the beginning of my gaming life. Also Nintendo doesn't know how accounts should work.
---
3DS: 3239-2567-4999 PSN: NatatBW XBL: Natatdood
Mains: BBCP: Bang - P4A: Liz - AE: Cammy/Ibuki - 3s: Makoto - MBAACC: H-VSion/C-Ryougi - GGXXAC+R: May
#24Nova_CastingsPosted 2/21/2014 3:10:38 AM
Both, but mostly physical.

I only go digital if that's the only way I can get it, or if I'm lacking the patience to wait for a physical copy to ship because it isn't available locally. Or if it's pre-installed as in LE 3DS models.
---
~Nova Castings
Dominus vobiscum et memento mori.
#25nmnm100Posted 2/21/2014 3:15:25 AM
Physical for Retail games because I like having a physical copy.

I want to feel the game, I like cases, I like booklets, and most of all, I like being able to display my collection =P

UNLESS, Its VC games, because 9/10 times I'd much rather play it on a handheld than on its original console (Unless there are extra features/perks for the original), but even then, I still usually have a physical copy of those games as well, provided I have that system
---
Currently Playing: Pokemon X, Sword of Mana (GBA), Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Shantae: Risky's Revenge
#26KillerKidnerPosted 2/21/2014 4:00:14 AM
Soeroah posted...
Physical because:

1) I like having boxes and manuals, it feels like a collection

2) It's cheaper than buying from the eShop

3) Chances are high that I'll be able to play the games on the next Nintendo handheld

4) If my 3DS breaks, heaven forbid, I'll at least have most of my games physically

All of this :)
---
Currently Playing: - TMHT IV: Turtles in Time -SNES, Jaws Unleashed - PS2, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask - 3DS and NES ReMix - Wii-U
#27Thunderbringer9Posted 2/21/2014 4:13:42 AM
If there's an amazing deal on the store and I have money on my account I'll go digital. I've also got some games digital that I couldn't find in my local area.

If the game doesn't fit one of the two criteria above, then I go physical, which is about 98% of the time.
---
"Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again." - Bob Feller
#28ChargrilledPosted 2/21/2014 4:19:52 AM
The_shoemaker posted...
Whatever's more convenient at the time.

---
GT : DeadJericho/PSN : Focalpoint/WiiU : FocalpointUK
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#29hitechnoPosted 2/21/2014 5:15:47 AM
Physical, because I like collecting games. It's nice having the physical game on a shelf in my home. The same goes for movies. Despite my hobby, there are times when I do think it is just taking up space in my house, and it would be nice if it could all be digital instead. Not that I'd ever get rid of it all, but I can understand the convenience of it being digital.

I actually want to support digital, but not the way most companies are going about doing it. I think when you buy something, then you own it. You are free to do with it what you want so long as it is for personal use. However, most companies are using the guise of purchasable download convenience to hide the restrictions that are being placed on the consumers. Restrictions like Microsoft tried to initially use with the Xbox One.

It's a big grey area, and it covers a lot. In terms of games though, I especially will not buy games that are rereleases. If I own a copy Super Mario World, there is no reason to be selling me the same game, unless it's not the same game. I'm already entitled to use my purchased copy as I see fit. Many companies try to take advantage of the digital market, and while I will support features that help consumers, I won't support features that limit/restrict consumer freedom at the benefit of gaming companies.
---
Avid video game player and collector; residing in Japan.
PSN: hitechno 3DS: 3153-4304-6713
#30OdaNobunaPosted 2/21/2014 5:23:03 AM
Physical because I hate digital.
---
Playing: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, Rune Factory 4; Etrian Odyssey Untold; Pokemon X; Umineko no Naku Koro ni; Da Capo.