Why did Edge double in price?

#1gatsbyyPosted 2/23/2014 5:55:56 AM
Was Edge at $1.99 a special? Because its now $3.99.
#2BlabadonPosted 2/23/2014 6:13:16 AM
Dunno, old sport
---
Playing Virtue's Last Reward before 999? Don't. Please, for the sake of everything, don't. My crusade around the internet to spread this truth goes on.
#3samuraigaidenPosted 2/23/2014 6:28:14 AM
The publisher/developer, Two Tribes, closed and then re-opened with another name and a smaller staff. The originally very low price was probably related to their financial woes, which I hope they might have overcome.
#4vattodevPosted 2/23/2014 6:34:32 AM
Still worth it, but of course it was more attractive at $2
---
Have fun with whatever you like instead of telling people that they are having fun the wrong way.
3DS FC: 0748-3443-8121 (Safari: Panchan, Machoke, Riolu)
#5KilronPosted 2/23/2014 7:11:07 AM
samuraigaiden posted...
The publisher/developer, Two Tribes, closed and then re-opened with another name and a smaller staff. The originally very low price was probably related to their financial woes, which I hope they might have overcome.

I bet you Two Tribes hurt or even killed themselves over the whole Toki Tori 2 ordeal.

Basically, the game had been in beta on PC for a while, and was supposed to come out sooner than it did, but TT got a deal to finish the WiiU version first. This did not make any of the beta testers happy, as they basically got a middle finger from TT because they weren't paying money. So the game did poorly on Wii U because nobody on there cared about it, and the PC users avoided it because word spread that Two Tribes was only concerned about money.
---
A duck walks into a doctor's office and says, "Quack!"
#6mabber_IIIPosted 2/23/2014 8:09:46 AM
yes, it launched with a sale, which is smart

it rewards early adopters who might feel screwed over when it goes on sale
#7gatsbyy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2014 10:25:02 AM
mabber_III posted...

Yet it seemed few knew. Were they too lazy to have a sticker saying when the $1.99 will end. Well they lost my business. Sneaky and lazy. So from here on out we have to buy games the first week because they may go up in price and they won't tell anyone. Well I hope Two Tribes goes bankrupt.
#8CannskePosted 2/23/2014 10:29:46 AM
Kilron posted...
samuraigaiden posted...

I bet you Two Tribes hurt or even killed themselves over the whole Toki Tori 2 ordeal.

Basically, the game had been in beta on PC for a while, and was supposed to come out sooner than it did, but TT got a deal to finish the WiiU version first. This did not make any of the beta testers happy, as they basically got a middle finger from TT because they weren't paying money. So the game did poorly on Wii U because nobody on there cared about it, and the PC users avoided it because word spread that Two Tribes was only concerned about money.

The developer wants to make money off their game? How dare they?
---
This is war, survival is your own responsibility
#9mabber_IIIPosted 2/23/2014 8:19:26 PM
gatsbyy posted...
mabber_III posted...

Yet it seemed few knew. Were they too lazy to have a sticker saying when the $1.99 will end. Well they lost my business. Sneaky and lazy. So from here on out we have to buy games the first week because they may go up in price and they won't tell anyone. Well I hope Two Tribes goes bankrupt.

it's your own fault for not jumping on the game when it came out
#10ecco6t9Posted 2/23/2014 11:43:27 PM
It will go on sale again.

Even so $4 to give a middle finger to Tim Langdell is well worth it.
---
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.