Shoud I get a NNID?

#11hatemakingnamesPosted 3/2/2014 12:36:29 AM
Also, if you make an error when entering your birthday, I'm sure a call to technical support can get that fixed.

Pretty sure I've seen threads posted where they wouldn't (or couldn't) change it for mistakes, with parental consent, or sold systems.

Formatting the destination system will unlink the NNID, making a system transfer possible.

Yeah but if you transfer an NNID onto the new system how are you going to relink the old one?
---
This always turns off after a month or two and I never remember the link: http://www.gamefaqs.com/?throwback=1
#12Skull_proPosted 3/2/2014 4:12:33 AM
Pros: If you ever have a problem with a downloaded game, it's going to be much easier if you have a NNID.

See my ''New Leaf no longer in my account'' thread from about 3 weeks ago. It's probably thanks to my NNID account that Nintendo were able to find my game and ''credited'' a new Digital copy for me.
---
Married to Augustine Sycamore. Back off! If you don't, I won't just call the police, but I will call the police! 3DS:4339 2730 2396
#13hatemakingnamesPosted 3/2/2014 6:00:25 AM
Attaching your eshop to your CN does the same, but it seems like results for both NNID and CN based restores are not 100% (but persistence can help)
---
This always turns off after a month or two and I never remember the link: http://www.gamefaqs.com/?throwback=1
#14patapikachu(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 2:08:42 PM
So, better to stay away from digital purchases, if one doesn't have a NNID?
#15The Blob2000Posted 3/4/2014 5:07:19 PM
Not really. NNID doesn't give you more protection from what I've seen, that's just someone guessing. Each system without an NNID still has a hidden eshop account that's basically the serial number of your system and if you have a problem, telling Nintendo your serial number should allow them to fix it just like giving them your NNID as others reported doing to fix a problem.
---
NNID: TendaShy
Parking meters! And you're walking around! Ha ha ha That's so funny.
#16hatemakingnamesPosted 3/4/2014 6:41:36 PM
patapikachu posted...
So, better to stay away from digital purchases, if one doesn't have a NNID?

hatemakingnames posted...
Attaching your eshop to your CN does the same, but it seems like results for both NNID and CN based restores are not 100% (but persistence can help)

That was a no.
---
#17NeoMonkPosted 3/4/2014 6:50:13 PM
I'm new at this as well I just registered the 1st to get my pokemon game...
I was wondering since I have the 4gb SD card where i have my Luigi Dream Team downloaded (i got that bundle) will i be able to upgrade to a 16-32gb card without losing stuff?
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#18patapikachu(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2014 6:59:53 AM
The ID is required for PokeBank, huh?
#19nikowwfPosted 3/6/2014 7:05:42 AM
NeoMonk posted...
I'm new at this as well I just registered the 1st to get my pokemon game...
I was wondering since I have the 4gb SD card where i have my Luigi Dream Team downloaded (i got that bundle) will i be able to upgrade to a 16-32gb card without losing stuff?

Yes, absolutely
#20Thunderbird8Posted 3/6/2014 11:42:41 PM
patapikachu posted...
The ID is required for PokeBank, huh?

Pokemon Bank does require a NNID, it ties the server data to said NNID.