Just bought the M&L: Dream Team bundle and....

#1Blue_BoxPosted 3/4/2014 9:06:04 PM(edited)
I was wondering if nintendo had a universal account where it registers all your purchases so you can just download them whenever you want. Kinda like the psn or xbox live accounts from sony and microsoft respectively. The bundle comes with Mario & Luigi: Dream Team preinstalled and I'm worried I won't be able to delete it from the SD card for fear that I'll have to rebuy the game.

To recap, let's say I delete it, how would I go about redownloading it again? And where, if possible, can I register/ make a nintendo account?

Any help is greatly appreciated, cheers!
#221_21Posted 3/4/2014 9:19:48 PM(edited)
If you deleted the game, you can download it again onto your 3DS for free. Anything you bought on your 3DS digitally becomes free to download again afterwards if deleted unless you put your handheld back to its default factory settings I believe. You can also tie your Club Nintendo and NNID account into your handheld, but it's not like PSN/Xbox Live in that you can't get the game onto your other 3DS using your NNID.

So basically, no universal account in that if you download it in one 3DS, you can't download it in the other. However, Nintendo recently allowed you to share funds between your WiiU and 3DS. Perhaps in the future downloads can be shared, too, but we don't know when, if that's even a reallity.

As for where to make a Nintendo account. I'm assuming you're referring to the NNID, as I mentioned beforehand, right? If so, then I think when you turn the 3DS on and deal with the settings, it should force you to do so. Otherwise, if you try to get into the eshop, before it lets you access it, it will notify you then to make one. If you're referring to Club Nintendo, you can go to club.nintendo.com and make an account there, and if it exists, eshop will ask if you want to link it with your 3DS.
---
Playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Bravely Default, and Muv-Luv
3DS FC: 5284-1432-1297 Lemme know if you plan on adding me!
#3Blue_Box(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 9:19:17 PM
Thank you for the swift reply friend! I was just a little concerned because when i looked the game up in the estore, it was displaying the full price.
#421_21Posted 3/4/2014 9:26:01 PM(edited)
Blue_Box posted...
Thank you for the swift reply friend! I was just a little concerned because when i looked the game up in the estore, it was displaying the full price.

Yeah don't worry about it. As long as you're not formatting your system anything you buy on the eshop will automatically become free afterwards. So if you feel that a digital game is taking up too much space for your other games, feel free to delete it if you're not playing it. And then download it again from teh eshop if you feel like playing it again.

Disclaimer: I don't know if save files get affected. If you truly value your save files, then do this at your own risk. Perhaps other people here know about this.

If you really don't like deleting things, then I highly suggest you get a SD card with lots of storage.
---
Playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Bravely Default, and Muv-Luv
3DS FC: 5284-1432-1297 Lemme know if you plan on adding me!
#5foxizardPosted 3/4/2014 9:49:33 PM
Seeing as the above poster mentioned save files:

For save files, you have to back up your save files individually before in the options before hand. If you don't, your save file will get deleted when you delete the game.

If you back up your save file before deleting your game though, your save file will restore itself once you re-download the game.

SOURCE: I've done both personally.
---
PLAYING:
Pokemon Green (GB), Mario Kart Wii (Wii), Puyo Puyo Tetris (3DS)