Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS, Inti Creates) Summer 2014, U.S, Japan

#7121_21Posted 3/8/2014 7:06:28 PM
That still doesn't explain why he chose the midriff fashion!
---
Playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Bravely Default, and Muv-Luv
3DS FC: 5284-1432-1297 Lemme know if you plan on adding me!
#72Link3Posted 3/8/2014 7:42:43 PM
Look, man, he just lost like 500 pounds, can you blame him for wanting to show off his flat stomach?

---
#73dascylusPosted 3/8/2014 8:19:38 PM
RogueStatus28 posted...
3DS, drought… Hah. Little do these people know, as seen with Azure Striker, games get revealed as we move through the year. They could announce an Advance Wars this month…

Not an hard concept to grasp I know but apparently is for some.

Nintendo is smart, they release information on new video games in waves rather than dropping a huge pile on everybody at a big gathering like E3. That's why Nintendo decided to lessen their E3 presence and start releasing everything in waves via Nintendo Direct, this way we always hear about the latest and greatest all year round without needing to wait for an annual press conference.
#7421_21Posted 3/8/2014 8:21:49 PM
Link3 posted...
Look, man, he just lost like 500 pounds, can you blame him for wanting to show off his flat stomach?

---

That's the problem. I hate show offs.
---
Playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Bravely Default, and Muv-Luv
3DS FC: 5284-1432-1297 Lemme know if you plan on adding me!
#75Radiantist027Posted 3/9/2014 2:08:33 AM
I just said 3 games this year, then the FF sale happened, and now Basednafune announces Gunvolt.

That's what working is for anyway nyaha.
---
Waiting for Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC, JoJo: All Star Battle, and Azure Striker: Gunvolt
#76legendarylemurPosted 3/9/2014 2:24:45 AM
21_21 posted...
Link3 posted...

---

That's the problem. I hate show offs.

I think some people are allowed to show off. A guy who succeeded in a major weight loss? Show-off-able
---
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the British..." - Yami
RIP in peace my blog. thank you.
#77TerotrousPosted 3/9/2014 12:03:46 PM(edited)
Link3 posted...
If we had no digital-only games we'd be missing out on some great games.

No doubt some games would be lost, but some of the games that are digital-only would be retail. I'd be willing to lose 50% of all digital-only games to allow the other 50% to get retail releases.

Among other things, being digital-only dooms a game to niche status. The current trend of making all 2D platformers (or heck, any game with interesting game mechanics) digital-only is basically dooming the gaming market, because you'll never acquire any new fans without retail. These games never get any advertising and parents don't buy digital-only games for their kids, so there's no way for anyone who isn't already a fan to find them. The existing fanbase for these games will just dwindle away until even digital isn't viable anymore. But unfortunately, the very short-sighted policy of "digital-only makes a little more money!" dominates corporate policy and no one cares about the long-term.

BeanBeanKingdom posted...
Because not everyone can afford to do retail releases. Inti Creates are an indie studio and since Capcom won't publish anything from them now, self-publishing on the eShop is the only way we could ever get their awesome games.

Inti Creates isn't really indie, they have an established catalog of retail games and a solid track record. I'm quite confident this game could either find a publisher or be self-published successfully.

At the very least, they should at least also self-publish to Steam. As above, though, this only contributes to the gradual death of gaming.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
http://whatliesbeyondnovel.blogspot.ca/ - My novel, updates weekly
#78BeanBeanKingdomPosted 3/9/2014 12:05:34 PM
Terotrous posted...
Link3 posted...
If we had no digital-only games we'd be missing out on some great games.

No doubt some games would be lost, but some of the games that are digital-only would be retail. I'd be willing to lose 50% of all digital-only games to allow the other 50% to get retail releases.

Among other things, being digital-only dooms a game to niche status. The current trend of making all 2D platformers (or heck, any game with interesting game mechanics) digital-only is basically dooming the gaming market, because you'll never acquire any new fans without retail. These games never get any advertising and parents don't buy digital-only games for their kids, so there's no way for anyone who isn't already a fan to find them. The existing fanbase for these games will just dwindle away until even digital isn't viable anymore. But unfortunately, the very short-sighted policy of "digital-only makes a little more money!" dominates corporate policy and no one cares about the long-term.

Because not everyone can afford to do retail releases. Inti Creates are an indie studio and since Capcom won't publish anything from them now, self-publishing on the eShop is the only way we could ever get their awesome games.

Inti Creates isn't really indie, they have an established catalog of retail games and a solid track record. I'm quite confident this game could either find a publisher or be self-published successfully.

At the very least, they should at least also self-publish to Steam. As above, though, this only contributes to the gradual death of gaming.

You don't seem to be aware that what is actually killing handheld gaming, smartphone gaming, is an all-digital phenomenon.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#79TerotrousPosted 3/9/2014 12:14:08 PM(edited)
You don't seem to be aware that what is actually killing handheld gaming, smartphone gaming, is an all-digital phenomenon.

Yes, and look at the way the mobile market works. There's a million games published, 60% of which will never be downloaded even once. Those that do sell are typically $5 games that provide extremely simplistic gameplay, and even then it's pure luck whether or not your game will be a hit. Did Flappy Bird do anything particularly well? No, it just somehow snowballed into something huge.

If all gaming becomes like mobile gaming, then it is truly dead, and the publishers who kept pushing digital-only have only themselves to blame.

EDIT: the percentage of apps that never get downloaded is actually 60%, not 90%. Still horrible though:

http://hexus.net/mobile/news/apple/43285-sixty-per-cent-app-store-apps-never-downloaded/
---
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
http://whatliesbeyondnovel.blogspot.ca/ - My novel, updates weekly
#80BeanBeanKingdomPosted 3/9/2014 12:34:24 PM
Terotrous posted...

Yes, and look at the way the mobile market works. There's a million games published, 60% of which will never be downloaded even once. Those that do sell are typically $5 games that provide extremely simplistic gameplay, and even then it's pure luck whether or not your game will be a hit. Did Flappy Bird do anything particularly well? No, it just somehow snowballed into something huge.

If all gaming becomes like mobile gaming, then it is truly dead, and the publishers who kept pushing digital-only have only themselves to blame.

EDIT: the percentage of apps that never get downloaded is actually 60%, not 90%. Still horrible though:

http://hexus.net/mobile/news/apple/43285-sixty-per-cent-app-store-apps-never-downloaded/

What you mention are issues inherent to the mobile gaming platform, not of digital delivery. Steam does it right.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.