I haven't bought a single mario game yet for the 3ds

#1mabber_IIIPosted 3/7/2014 5:32:55 AM
luigi's mansion doesn't count

I just can't bring myself to pay 40 dollars for another mario game again

if they made a 3d version of mario 64 tho, I would pay 40 for that in a heartbeat
#2bloo2Posted 3/7/2014 5:40:00 AM
Of all the mario games I only have NSMB2. but only because there was nothing for me to play on the 3DS at the time and I really like 2D platformers. It's basically the same thing as every other NSMB game but its nice. It isnt bad in any stretch but its also nothing new. I like mario because it's one of the few games that I'm 100% sure I'm going to have a good time playing.
#3GloryChaosPosted 3/7/2014 5:41:16 AM
I was about to say that you weren't missing out on anything except for Dream Team, but then you admitted that you just wanted to play the same game re-released for a third time, so I dunno.

Much like the gba, Mario isn't the strong point of this handheld.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#4Wario_manPosted 3/7/2014 5:41:29 AM
There's Super Mario 64 DS. A tidied up port of that would be really nice. But yeah, I've got 3D Land and its the same stuff as usual just without punching, I don't know what I was expecting but yeah...
---
If you have accepted Santa Christ as your lord and saviour, and are 100% proud of it, put this as your sig.
#5mabber_III(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2014 5:41:37 AM
bloo2 posted...
Of all the mario games I only have NSMB2. but only because there was nothing for me to play on the 3DS at the time and I really like 2D platformers. It's basically the same thing as every other NSMB game but its nice. It isnt bad in any stretch but its also nothing new. I like mario because it's one of the few games that I'm 100% sure I'm going to have a good time playing.

nsmb was the worst ds game I bought, so I avoid them like the plague
#6wentzelotPosted 3/7/2014 5:42:30 AM
3d land and mk 7 are 2 of my favorite games on the system. but to each their own
#7mabber_III(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2014 5:42:59 AM
Wario_man posted...
There's Super Mario 64 DS. A tidied up port of that would be really nice. But yeah, I've got 3D Land and its the same stuff as usual just without punching, I don't know what I was expecting but yeah...

I know, I 100 percent-ed it 3 times. it's not a good port, but it's still a good game, because it's imposable to make mario 64 a bad game
#8mabber_III(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2014 5:44:20 AM
GloryChaos posted...
I was about to say that you weren't missing out on anything except for Dream Team, but then you admitted that you just wanted to play the same game re-released for a third time, so I dunno.

Much like the gba, Mario isn't the strong point of this handheld.

that's not true at all, super mario world alone makes the gba the best mario handheld, plus there was also yoshi's island, mario 2 and mario 3
#9bloo2Posted 3/7/2014 5:48:11 AM
mabber_III posted...

What didn't you like about it? I agree NSMB wasn't mario's high point but the level design on these games has improved a lot.
#10mabber_III(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2014 5:49:55 AM
bloo2 posted...
mabber_III posted...

What didn't you like about it? I agree NSMB wasn't mario's high point but the level design on these games has improved a lot.

ugly polygonal mario, short levels, too easy, almost no secrets, and it just didn't feel right